Tuesday, January 10, 2006 |  
The day started weird for me.

Javis and I planned to go to school together, in his dad’s van (like old times, again).

So he said, “7:20, petrol station there.”

Okay fine… I went there early, got myself two mentos sticks, a pack of Peanut M&Ms and a bottle of green tea. Had that as breakfast, waiting for Vis, under my block.

At 7:45, the van appeared. Typical…Vis must be doing his hair again.

I got into the back of the van as quickly as I could cos some retard bus driver blasted his horn at my ass. It was rainin heavily, I was late, I had Sam in my camera bag and a couple standing beside the road could only look at me with scorn at my clumsiness (hey… so what if I don’t know how to climb into a van??). The door shut, I turned around and….

“Javis….?”

I looked around the small van…

“cb.. where are you?!”

Just then, my phone rang. Javis was on the line. He speaks…

“Eh you in the car already anot?”

“yarh, where you ar?”

“oh…. I fever….(sniff).. ”

“Freak you la! Then BOTH your parents send me to school for what?!”

So this morning I enjoyed an entire cargo space of a van, complete with aircon at full-blast and pink pillows to lie on, and a ride to school… with both of Vis’s parents in the front seat.

Wow… suddenly I’m family….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe my “period” is back again (you know, where I start looking for a female companion and/or I feel like im on cloud 9)….. but I thought I’d give myself a day of fun.

I think I’ll go for the Singapore Idol auditions on the 11th of February. Lol. (Joyce gave me the longest deadpan ever possible for a human being, of that height, when I told her about it..)

And after the auditions, go home and sleep.

Haha… can I sing? My dad sings… my sister ‘sings’ (horrendously.). And I sing to Henry and Jason sometimes… yeah ok so why not?

Oh ya... duh… I sing mandarin songs (sly and jay… woootz!!), that’s why. And oldies.

I can’t rap I can’t do a beat box with my arsehole and I can’t do that shaky-voice thingy. And im not so clear about the pop culture these days. The dawn of hip-hop and rap-crap (and drugs and smoking and posers-galore and bad fashion sense) lead me to shut myself from radio and “teenage life”.

Alright, I’ll crawl back into the hole I came out from. (yeah, that oyster...)

Maybe signing up with Fly Entertainment will be a better idea…


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some company called me up just now. The lady on the phone introduced me to her company (forgot the name… think it was Verbatim or sth) and were specializing in nanotechnology and.. I dunno… I think it was something to do with aquariums and swimming pools but then again I think she said “preparation for the Olympic Games”.

She explained that I was shortlisted from a bunch of surveys which, I took part (yeah... didn’t mention that a guy came up to tianyu and me and asked us to do a survey on occupations and somesort that time at X!Capade.). Seems like I’ve been called up for a job interview. Whee… this is probably the first time I won something frm a lucky draw!

So okay, yeah, I thought, why not? I wasn’t really interested in the job, actually. She said that the company’s looking for ushers or sales executive and all that…. the very line of work that bores me. But hey… could turn out to be some really cool experience, eh?

Raffles Point, level 10, tml early afternoon. That’s what she said.

Actually, she said, “Orh… Lau Pa Sat there…”

“Lau Pa Sat?”

“Yarh…”

“Uh… im not so familiar with that name…. don’t you have a building?”

“orh (giggle)… Raffles Point.”
“Okay... (silence)…. Aren’t you gonna tell me what level?”

“uh.. sorri sorri…..Level ten.”

“ (silence)….. uhm…. Don’t you have a unit number or sth?”

“Orh no lorh cos the whole level is ours mah…”

“oh okay okay… alright i’ll be there tomorrow.”

“orh okay good good…. You gimme a call when you reach larh.”

Her voice was seductive, her giggling; cute. Her English…. Sibeh “WTF” man!

And she doesn’t seem so professional there… I had to prompt her for basic details.

This reminds me of that persistent NKF lady who keeps calling, asking me to collect another of their donation cards. Sweet voice, good and polite personality…. But the English was absurd…

Okay, no la…. Really, the first time the NKF lady called me, I thought someone from Geylang was on the line. The "Hello... do you find me sexy?" kind...

She was very professional, very polite, very clear……. For the beginning….

I started prompting her questions just for the sake of it and she started to lose all her clothes. Soon, I was talking to an ah lian…. Lol..

Oh well… I’ll go over tml for the job interview with Sam, my camera. Seems like I’ll be having fun.
Posted by Audi