Its cool to look back at your growing years.

And realise you don’t look like what you did anymore.















Even your well-known smile has gone.







Especially when with the family. Dun ask me why.



The only thing that was recognisable is probably the right eyebrow stitch.

Got that while doing maths homework back during kindergarten years. Homework is harmful.

And the fact that one of your eye is bigger than the other. Thank you so much, Doctor Oops-I-Hit-Your-Son’s-Eye-With-My-Forceps.

Then came teenage years.

Oh the rage we all know.



The teen angst. The fashion. The peer pressure.

Announcing your interest in art and media AND making the decision to go against everyone’s will and take up that course you didn’t know was considered “prestigious”.



And the funny hobbies you have.

For example, learning basic Mandarin, German, Korean and Japanese....... and having a ball learning all of them.

And modelling. The desire to recreate life.





And collecting momentos.


Spent bullet from the Pacific, WWII.

Coat button of Lt. John F. Lamar's overcoat.

Spent British artillery shel, WWII

Nazi era coin

1960 Vietnam helmet, American overcoat, Napoleanaic Infantry Rifle.

Bunch of papers in my wallet. Each holding their own fragment of memories.

This is the ang pow packet Clara's mom gave me in 2004/5


And then the over-patriotism you have during your teen years on things you thought were the most important.


For example, a unit you thought would always be together, forever. They said so. So we believed.





At the end of the day, the unit was just another mish mash of segregrated bunch of either idiots who still dream of honour or down-to-earth ones who know this....... isnt everything.

I was an idiot.







Not anymore. After the huge shock I had on the uber-huge testicle complacency my “Honourable” unit members had.









And came the usual bastardization of so called “brothers” who cheer with you while you shout verses after verses of eternal brotherhood.


Eternal my chee bai.

And when life gets you down. You just happen to find the utmost comfort in the presence of someone you don’t relatively know that well.


Though some are better left alone. (clara and i had this convo many times.)
.
.
.
.
-------
“We cant save him”.

I wonder what ive done so far. To this point. Whne everyone is looking down at me. I can see the light. The light can see me. We’re one big family all of a sudden looking at this common person we know.

I see familiar faces. Some familiar ones arent there. Some ive never seen before are here as well. But it sholdnt be by luck since I heard the door outside had the “By invitation only” sign.

What have I done?

Maybe my cameras can tell. They’ve been around since god-knows.



Or maybe this library of tapes I have. 72 hours in hope to answer questions.



Or maybe with my uncle. Yup. Dad was working a few floors above I was in his arms while he made his rounds in the hotel.



Flashes and flashes.




















“He’s gone.”

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.........
Posted by Audi Labels: