Friday, February 24, 2006 |  
EDIT: Video added in player.

“wei...”

“yeah?”

Jerome called today.

“where you.”

“at home... doing project.”

“orh.....”

Silence...

“yeah why?”

“nothing la....”

For sure got something wrong. His voice never sound so down liddat. Like the person in the songka talkin on the phone.

“really.... you sure ar.”

“nthing la....”

“orh... uh.. okay...”

Silence...

“.....i fucking hate my father.”

--

Liew..... he call me at 4am in the morning... my eyeballs were sticking to my eyelids... my legs are having cramps....but im still staring at the computer doing my cg project.

“dun like that say ur father la....” I said.

“knn you try living with him la!.....nb cb eveynight come home drunk like cb fuck.. smell like one also... stupid father dunno how to take care of family ar!”

Jerome related the story to me.

Jerome’s dad is a gambler, a drinker, smoker and unemployed. He has two children to take care of. Jerome’s sister is twelve. The only way he supports his family is by gambling.

“and he gambler also tio sai ar! Give money to old men de lan jiao every fucking night under the block!”

“then ur mother leh?” I ask. (I know.. I very intrusive sometimes.)

“si liao...”

I should start to think before I talk.

“where you now? 4 am already....” I asked.. just to change topic.

“me ar? Now at Jurongpoint there. The interchange. I run from home.”

So I asked him what happened before that. He answered me in a mix of hokkien, english and mandarin. Im gonna write in english since I know only basic mandarin and hokkien vulgarities... nothing more.

“Just now I in my room with my sister. She ask me help her do homework. So difficult arh! I do her primary six work ar like doing sec three work! ...”

Uh.. okay....

“.... but then after that we heard a lot of noise outside. As in... like ppl want to bang down the door. Like angry ghost wan to come in like that. My sister damn scared to hear all the metal sound but I not scared. Cos I know is who. My father. Confirm. So I slowly walk walk to the door la.”

“I go there and see the cb head my blood boil. I swear to tua pei kong that I will some day kill my father if he always like this. You know what I saw anot? The door actually open already. The gate also open. Also not locked. But he drink drink drink until DRUNK the face all red like hell money ar cb!..... and that thing for sure I wun burn for him next time...”

Ya... I should really think twice before speaking again.

“I help my father open the door. This is normal la. You wun understand. You live so good life sia! Got father got mother got sister all stay together (he doesn’t know my dad doesn’t stay with us.) We hor.... the real people of Singapore this country..... the gahment call everyone else to forget. To FORGET ar! They pcb wan.. they pai seh to admit that in Singapore got people like us! With broken family... bo lui... bo luck... bo education.... simi lan jio island nation! Fuck you understand?!”

He was so worked up. 4am in the morning I’m getting a lecture from an actually very intellectual beng.

“cb the gahment ar! You wan to live here must be high class and must act act then can go suck golden ball knnbccb~~~!!!! Fuck la...you know ar. I tell you... actually I grow up I wan to be soldier. I wan to do something. Cannot always ba long long at jurong. But then I come home. Late at night.. I see my father liddat... then my sister future also... like damn cb sia! I damn doo lan this time. I buy for him chicken rice for dinner now got cockrach all over ar nb! I buy food for cockroach issit!?!?”

“So I go up to my father. Then I slap him. Slap slap slap till his face from red come out blood! KNNBPCB!!! I slap already feel cb damn song! “

Then I asked, “huh... then ur father nv slap you back ar?”

“WAH LAU YOU STOOPID OR WHAT?!!??! OF COURSE he slap me back la! NB.... he drunk ar still got energy to fucking fight. And he not only slap! He come box me also! Pua chi bei~! And you know what he say anot? He say, “Don’t be rude ar, boy....” “

“ RUDE his mother’s head! I scold him go fuck off because he lousy father. He come throw chair la... table la... iron la.... So I run out of the house. Then now walk walk lor. You where now? Want go eat?”

Siao.. 415am eat what?.... So I told him I cant. Though if he were in yishun I dun mind. I remember last year.... Aik clara donald and I met at 925 for er... dinner and breakfast called what ar? Dinfest?.... breakner? We all just played Conquer Online that time.

Ah yes.. the Conquer days..... it was like a dream... with real friends in it! Aik and Henry always protect my backside from other ppl and p-Level... muahaha...

Then when henry is away and aik is off to some higher-level land... I find clara. Then I sit one corner watch her kill monkeys and sand monsters while talkin abt donald. Haaha.

Okay sorry.. sidetrack.

Jerome spent the whole night around Jurong. He stayed over at a friend’s place.. and hasn’t gone home yet.

“I stil very doo lan with my father. Will always be la. haiz I very sad for my sister. Now I can only meet her under my block before she go school.”

Liew..... I really dunno what to say.

Anyone wan to make film?
Posted by Audi