Sunday, February 12, 2006 |  
Javis called me around 930pm yesterday.

“did you make it?”

“no.”
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yeah.... I didn’t make it for Singapore Idol!

But no mater.... depsite the red angry eyes and the shared anger with thousand other strangers... I will stil...................... talk abt my experience.

Ok.. I started queuing at 545am ..... and after that was a whole TWELVE hours of intense BAKING in the hot Singapore sun and BUTT CRAMPS with NO FOOD (with a little bit of water).....

Im tellign you.... it was a stupid thing to go for the first round of the auditions! Shouldve have followed sly’s friends. Zz...

Cos by the time I reached the registration counter... 12 hrs have gone.. the sun has risen and set... everybody was so fed up or pissed or just dead tired from the auditioners to the ushers to the judges. I tried to smile I aslo cant smile.

Oh ya I was in the news hahaahaaha..... charlene called me al of a sudden and said she saw me digging my nose on tv.

“WHAT?! since when I dig my nose?!”

“oh no la.... u were just rubbing it. -.- “

Aftr the registration were another two hours of waiting. They tansformed a part of the level 9 games centre to a holding and audition room for SI.

Kwang wei told me the producers took 5 cinemas with them for the auditions.

And they did. 0.0.

I saw PLENTY of FSV year 1 students working as the crew today. They were my coursemates! Like.... aaaa!!! Everybody knows!

So there I was lining up for the final stretch of the auditions; rite infront of the cinema door.

I saw Babes Condes. She’s cute..... lol. She was one of te judges for the cinema next to mine.

The cinema hallway was narrow so everyone was huddled togethre... looking at the person infront of them... they could be next Singapore idol!...

Lots of well wishes... and all that.

My turn came.

I figured the setting; lots of lights..... cameras... and a huge Singapore Idol sticker on the floor.

I came in and everything was so dim, one camera, a boom mic pointed at me, a huge Singapore Idol poster as a backdrop and a small SI sticker on the floor for me to stand... a cameraman and a slouching, grouchy audio person... and........ two very shacked judges who looked like they have been on drugs with their crumpled attire and messed up hair.

I went in and like,”whoa!”

It was nerve recking.. the other cinemas... like the one infront of mine..... there were those who came in....... and came out in LESS THAN TEN SECONDS !

Fck! Who intro themselves..... sing a song.. and say thanks and go out in ten seconds!? Others stayed in abt a minute or less.

I got TWO MINUTES!

Like fuck la!

I went in.. said hello.. smiled.... they asked wht song im gonna sing. I told them sly.. they went, “woo!!! Ok go ahead.”

And I did sing.. THE WHOLE SONG!

The judges smiled a little.. though it looked like one of those, “haha loser” smile. Or maybe he’s tired.

And he asked questions.

He asked what’s my name. whats my age. Do I have another song?

I said yeah and I shot throught the ENTIRE song, “My girl”. (wrong fucking song. sholdve sang a chinese song.)

After that he nodded his head... the two of them were smiling. The girl was like giving that, “aww he;s cute” thing at me.

After that the judge shot another question, “what are you doing now? Are you studying?”

“yeah im in ngee ann poly... doing FSV...”

The judge kept quiet.. looked at his paper.. and bit his lip. Then he slowly nodded.

“okay then. Thanks a lot.”

I waked out... not after saying, “have a nice day!”

I really felt good.. actually. I knew it was not my best performance or whatever because the freakin waiting put me off. So tire di didn’t even feel like singing.

I went out.. Anthony, a coursemate of mine, ushered me out. I told him I wil be “damn pai seh if I dun get it. na bei....”

He tiam tiam because i think he never knew I spoke so crudely. (we never talk before actually).

I was ushered to the waitiing room for my results.

First thing I got was joyce standing there. I smiled. She was smiling... she came up to me and went, “I didn’t make it.”

“huh?”

“I didn’t make it.”

“serious?”

“yeah.”

I opened my arms... after a moment, she smiled and laid on my chest.

This is like.. the first time a girl has ever did that. I damn confused so I was thinking, “how do you hug this thing?” like you know some mechanics dunno hw to fix a new car they will look around looking for soemthing familiar?

But eventualy I did... sure wasn’t a comfrortable thing. But I turned to thena and winked at him as to say, “take picture take picture!”

I waitied for my resutls. A slip of paper came in. The guy handing it over whispered, “Best batch of performances yet.”

The girls at the booth took it..... read the paper... and...

“these are the numbers that didn’t get in..... bla bla bla.... bla bla bla.... bla bla bla (thena stood up, sighing) .... and........ 2.... 720.”

That’s the end of my Singapore Idol journey.

Ok fast forward....

Thena and joyce left... both also sibeh damn angry. Can see by the eyes.

I got down.. first thing were that the people who saw me queuing asked me how it went. I said no no no no no!!!!!!! I nv make it!!! I only appear on the news only!!!!

Oh ya... During the holding room.... Gurmit was holding those imporomtu interviews at the seat right infront of me and thena. So its like... the cameras got us everytime someone got interviewed.. ahhahaha......

Did mention that Gurmit was FUCKING HUGE?!

.............................

Phillip called. Viky called. Javis called. Ivan (one of sly’s friend) called. Ting ting frm sylvestar called. Tiffany called. Hui shi called. Jia hui called. Mother called. So many ppl call!!!!!!!

This is indeed a mjor defeat. So much hype then come out all lau sai!

But NO! CANNOT LOSE! I wan to join SI because I wann be an actor (I noe la where got relationshp.. ... SI is for singing. acting is acting. But then again talent hunters are watching....)! so no.. cannot lose... this Monday im gonna call SI in reply to their ad which they handed out during the queue for those who want to take part as actors or actresses for SI trailer. I WANT! I NEED THIS!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise ill go to Fly Entertainment. Zzz 320 dollars nia....

After the auditons I huffed and puffed my way back to the fucking queu I was in to meet ivan and the rest. Phillip was there as well. I related to them my whole fucked up experience with a tinge of anger so all the knnbccb all come out. Phillip asked me to relax. Zz...

So we relaxed in BK... he paid for my meal (i forgot to pay him back. 0.0 )

So for the first time in a long while... I ate FST FOOD!!!! FUCK!
For two months I go on selective eating.. healthy food.. all the fucking thing so my voice wont get affected! All the honey water.. all the lau sai water.. all the cb water.... AAAA....

But I eat also cannot eat properly. Still damn fucked up. So I talk to phillip a bit a bit then quickly said I had to go meet someone so we siam siam go our own ways.

I called Donald and clara (they saw me at the holding area) and met them at Heeren.

Nb... I have never felt much more confortable than to see one of my sec school friends. Nb...................... first thing I do is hug donald.

No la.... I walked to him... put my hand over him and said,”Nabei chee bai....”

We walked around HMV and i saw all these J-Star, Kelvin Tan, Superstar, Andy Lau, Jay Chou albums and i got even more cb fcuked up! its liek as if i can feel them all looking at me and laughing. But i can see Jay in one corner just looking at me solemnly nodding his head. AAA!!!! and Andy Lau!! i just heard your songs the day before and you sibeh fucking my next idol, man!

Clara went to pierce her naval after that. Ooo I saw..... 0.0 ... sexy sexy but she so thin!

After that I called henry.. relayed the news. Then he ask me dun sad.

“I NOT SAD lA!!!! IM FUCKING ANGRY!!!”

Then call javis... he was out clubbing with his poly friends and brother. Three in the mrning then come home.

After all these.. Don clara and I did something that really got me back to working order again (well.. for awhile. Im still bogged down with this Idol thing) ..... we played CS!!!

HAHAHAHAH...... I went back to the 9th floor of Cineleisure.... the very spot that I was two hrs ago for auditons.. and here I am.. still in the same attire.. playing CS.... what a fucking irony!

Oh yeah I got a few offers after the auditions. Some guy asked me to be a dancer. Another called me ask me act. Another ask me for stead.

Of course.. im rejecting all because all are not famous. HAHHAHA

Oh yeah.. I became a moderator for Sly’s fan club too. wootZ! And Stacie is in my MSN as well. Double WOOTZ!

I think im having fever now.

Anywyas after that i found a trend on who got in and who didn’t.

Cos there was this other girl from FMS who also went for the auditions. She didn’t get in.. depsite her powerful voice. 0.0
And another one... Javis’s classmate. I dun think he got in as well.

Then I noticed that the “kids” or “teenagers” I met all also tio.

So I asked Kwang Wei (he was working as the crew.. so he got info..) if there was this trend of students getting kicked out.

He said he not sure... but he notice that a lot of those who got in are mature... as in... older age.

Which i think there was this prejudice against students.

If there was or wasnt.... its ok. It would have made sense actually. I gues they didn’t want another Daphne Khoo case where a lot of negotiations with the school had to conducted to get the student out of the school for SI (then putting them back in when its over) and all that.

Which then again makes sense even more when we tracked back at the last season of SI and those who got in arent actually working or studying (except David Yeo I guess. He’s a law student.). Sly was a freelancer... Taufik just finished NS... Olinda was doing nothing I gues.. leandra was a bar singer etc etc......

But whatever la.. there were also teens who made it through.

Not for me to say anyways... cos i have a new goal!

And that is to.... act in the SI trailer!

And if that fails... I have another goal!

And that is... get my driving licence. Nb... I postpone postpone just for this SI thing.

As for now... I really have nothing to do.

Just wanna let it be known that as long as I can sing and entertain my friends, that’s enough. (for now).

Maybe that’s all I wanted anyways.
Posted by Audi