Saturday, November 26, 2005 |  
The second last day of intense photographing.

I guess the time is just right, i can see the disadvantages of digital photography emerging and the height of my photographing techniques is starting to shallow off.

So i got out of the house today around one, dressed in slippers and a faded shirt with the S1 Pro in my hands.

and walked around in the drizzle taking photos at really familiar places. At the same time i went location scouting for my new war video,"Drafted In".

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We start off here. North View sits, seemingly harmlessly, at the right end of the horizon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Then thee's the drain at near to the newly built Yishun Street 31. That new street destroyed the very beauty of the area; forests, and a thick mist to drive through early int he morning. I remember last year when i was always amazed, sitting in the front seat of the car, whenever that thick mist came into view. Sometimes rainbows would form and sunrays would form really holistic patterns.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Destruction, once again. This used to be a place where there were thick foliage of tall grass. I came here, along with a few cadets, to pluck grass to be used for our "sniper camouflage" for CCA open house 2003. Now it's all gone.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then off i went for location scouting. First stop....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yishun Park.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I never noticed this in Safra...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is where digital photography is at a disadvantage. It is just impossible for the rigid make up of pixels to be able to detect slight gradual changes in colour and tone and brightness and contrast and everything like that. So what i got in the shadows was just a hint of the beams, then black. And on film, you dont get bleeding of the sky... i.e. the white sky bleeds into the edges of the subject. If you look back on the previous post, there's this pic of mitch with shaun in the background, which was shot on film. Note how the light falling on Mitch's shoulders is accurately captured. With digital, we'd see a halo effect instead.

That;s it.

wait... that's it!?!?

yeah.. that's it. I have 25 more photos which were taken today, but they're nothing special. :)

.. except, maybe this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
this is where Vis and i would walk, to his house. I'd pick him up.. i'd send him home.. we'd be walking along here in the middle of the night... sleeping over.. .... .... Yeah and it is on this road that I last had a real conversation with him, in person. :(

Oh and guess what, i was walking down the stairs, leading to my house, and after fumbling through ll my pockets, i cant find me key!
but i walked towards my door anyways.
and gasp! there was my key, hanging on that heavy heavy duty silver lock! lol...
I was out for two hrs today as well. First thing i did when i got into the house was point my camera into the living room, so in case an intruder appears, snap!
Well noone came in, so into my room i went. tra la la la...
Posted by Audi