Monday, November 07, 2005 |  
NVP1 has been much of a drag from the start, I must admit. I think i've prolonged this project so much so that i find many of the inital crew members silently disappearing from discussions and the teachers either lost my number (again) or lost interest.

Sad that i have a dozen crew members under me and I still can't bear to split them up into two groups because they really need some first hand experiences with how this entire production thing works.

You could say that i've painted myself into a corner. Not just a corner; a corner with deadly shiny spikes jutting out from the walls beside me.

What else could I do but bring in my superhero team into the mix for help.

I've sent up the proposed plots sent in to me by Rastus,Rasmus, Jia Hui, Jason, Hai Ting and my to a few of my crewmates here to critcize and rework them. Currently, i have Thena helping me with the scripts.

Another problem that just could not be easily solved is the availability of that perfect talent to play our characters. It's so difficult and depressing to hear that our aspiring lead actor does not want to act because he's shy or just don't think he can play the part or has no interest whatsoever in performing. I have been thinking of ways to get people to play out our characters; paying them, hiring from Fly Entertainment, changing the script to suit them etc. etc.

Nothing seems to work.

The guys here in Ngee Ann have plenty of contacts from Taiwan, Australia, SIngapore, Malaysia and form all walks of life but it's still so difficult to convince them.

So Charlene decided that the crew and I act out in NVP1 instead.

I've acted out in two projects last semester, though it was below-horrible standards, I kind of liked acting. Thena took up drama classes and there was this one time where he blew everyone away by acting possessed after Shaun, Shah and him went into Old Changi Hospital, at night, many months ago. Shah has been in countless productions as well, and the last I heard, he was on TV a few days ago. Joyce went for the Radio Academy where she met sicko-act-only-wannabe Daniel Ong (He was from North View... and Mdam Aini hates him for his arrogance.) and I heard she did quite well in the academy though i forgot why she stopped. Tink it was school commitments. Justin is in a band, playing the bass guitar, and has somehow got his way through to Slipknot's interview session, thanks to a contact, when they were here a few months ago for a concert. His face is up on a website as well. Charlene's the real bomb in contacts. Being the official PR for Jolin's fan club, you bet she has loads of contacts from Taiwan. Jolin knows her personally as well and Charlene sewed a pair of Hello Kitty toys as Jolin's birthday present this year and it got featured in magazines as well. But a fan can go too far, I guess. A few weeks ago she got in trouble with a few peple from Sony Music. Shaun?We all know Shaun. I particularly love his piano skills and the ability to come up with a well-to-do piece in an instant. I remmeber this time i was listening to a pianist whom i thought was good, and Shaun walked in and said,"Such a bad pianist. There's no feeling in his playing.". I thought it was just another of his talk but now when i listen again to that pianist playing, I think Shaun was right.

I've asked Charlene to be the team's financial manager. i've also set a hundred dollars aside from my own pocket to fund this project. Also, i've got a few contacts where we can rent out a boom microphone for the shoot. Sam the Cam will be sent for repair this weekend after i shoot another Mein Bereich Video tomorrow night. My room will be cleared again to make way for a bluescreen (told you that i was serious with this entire 305 Studios Productions thing).

Everything is set for NVP1. Only thing left is the script.

As for the crew in North View, I'm arranging for them to tag along during the actual shoot. I'll be informing the producer-to-be, Hai Ting, on the progress of the production. Once the real production begins, I would be bringing the key people in the production (cameraman, director, etc etc) along as a little attachment. i feel that this is necessary because I dont like that idea of a director going home even before the shooting ends or some other crew memeber lying down doing nothing (or blogging on her laptop) while things are running around.

As usual, i''m taking the humble position of cameraman again. Maybe as an assistant cameraman to Shah. In any case, script first. Positions later.

This will be a long project.

Did i mention that this video will be sent to a film fesitval if we see it good?
Posted by Audi