Thursday, November 24, 2005 |  
Today was suppsoed to be another day of intense photographing (i'm starting to be more selective in taking photos....) but things took a turn.

I intended of taking pictures at Tampines, and along the way, get Aik and Tharik home.

All trouble started when i stepped out of the train at Tampines MRT; i was surrounded by THEM!!! (them... you know... "them".) EVERYWHERE!!

This is where i found out that my racist feelings are not something subliminal. It's very very intense, in fact.

I just had to leave the place! Everywhere i turned, i see those thick lips and curly hair and funny posture moving towards me and that disgusting accent. I felt pressurized, truly.

The girls, URGH! They kept looking! It's nightmare! I walked, scanning through the crowds for any Chinese, and feeling slightly relieved when i saw one.

But... oh dear... they have been invaded as well! the fashion!

I thought that there was a quota to the percentage of one race that could stay in an area... i think Tampines has violated its quota by about a mile. The national quota is 15 percent, i guess. Tampines probably has 60 - 80 percent.

I took a seat at the Mc Don at the interchange and hid in my own bubble as i watched everyone go by. Everywhere! from young to old! it's all them! the way they stare at you.. their hair.. ARGHH!! I felt my shoulders tense. The camera strap deliberately entangled around my legs so that noone could yank it away. I kept my wallet in check as well and got into the mood to fight if anything were to happen.

Aik came, and i have never felt better. Seeing him in his red shirt and slippers and that ever-innocent look......

I thought the bus would be a haven for me. NO. NEVER. I got on the bus and I was literally SURROUNDED by them!

Kid you I'm not, I was sweating (and that's not because f the three piece clothing iw as wearing) despite the aircon at full above me. The smell... the accent... the presence... !!!

I spent the whole half hour trip back to Yishun facing Aik, standing close to him and tucking in my head. I was THAT pressurized. I think Aik was also taken aback at my state.

Once the bus got into Yishun, I got off straight away at the first couple of bus stops. Enough. It was too much for me. I asked Aik how he and Tharik and Don can even stand through a situation such as this EVERYDAY.

Now i think i need some real explanation for my reaction. I think this happens only in Singapore. I feel better in Malaysia....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not many interesting pictures today. My time in Tampines threw me off balance.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Not exactly a portfolio-worthy shot. This is the TV Studio room (the stage...).. where we do studio productions like talk shows, demo shows, intervews and the like. It's super fun (and super cold, when the lights are off.) That's just one of the three cameras we could use. Realy neat stuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Joyce was our presenter today. I had a great time running across the floor, flipping cards for the camera to shoot.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The control room of the studio. Visual mixers (where Thena is) are here including CG titles and all that (where Josephine is). We have 6 monitors to the right of the camera as well. pretty much like an air traffic control room, only safer. :) And that;s Shaunie-shaun-shaun in green/blue. he was our director today.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Shadow shot! Shadow shot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The only better picture i took today that was part of my photographing plan. Taken from blk 305 (that's me block! -.- ), level 5.Time was 1845 hrs...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My army helmet. Nothing much here.

That's all folks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mum informed me that my cousin has set up a website for "Malay-Muslim photographers".

I asked on why the emphasis on Malay-muslims and she gave me reason that the "non-believers" also have their own website so why not "us"?

I brushed her off (i wouldnt understand what would be said anyways.) and she turned around and asked (nonchalantly...),"Are you anti-malay?"


mum sure knows her son.
Posted by Audi