I'm not so crazy about Jay Chou to the extent that i buy every single album he has released or download every single video that has at least a frame or two of him inside or actualy liking every song he produces. Personally, I think he's a very bad rapper or RnB artist.

But everytime i hear him sing one of the more "quiet" or slow-paced songs, i just get captivated by how smooth his voice is. There's this certain aura i sense, whenever i hear that familiar voice fluctuating from midtones to hightones, which, quite frankly, calms me down.

I've been introduced to quite a few other Mando pop artistes throughout the years and Jay Chou still stays at the top of the list for me.

* And what is up with JJ Lin? Did a bee stung his face? :S

And that tear?

Anyways, April said he was good.... so maybe I'd give him a shot. *

Jay released his new album, November's Chopin, beginning of this month. I have it. And I agree with April that it is a refreshing take of his singing abilities. Still not keen on the RnB or Rap bit, tough. In addition, I was pleasantly surprised that the CD had two bonus tracks, Piao Yi and Yi Lu Xiang Bei, from the Initial D movie as well. Finally, I can delete the two files i have of the songs that people sent me which were of really very low quality.

The mixing for some of Jay's songs were of average throughout but a tad bit worse during hip hop numbers, as usual. The depth was just not there and it sometimes made certain high-tone instruments very jarring to the ear.

I've uploaded Jay's music video, Fa Ru Xue, into the player below. I suppose everyone else has seen Ye Qu. (The new file host i have doesnt support streaming so you'd have to wait a while as the video downloads into the player. It's 12 mbs, a couple of minutes to download at most for typical boradband connections.)

Enjoy.

I usually play Jay's songs out loud and just the other day, my father knocked and in the most aggressive tone you can ever imagine coming out from him he commanded me to listen to more english songs than chinese ones.

And I've also been constantly reminded to have more Malay friends (i can count all the malay friends i know on one hand) and at least get a Malay girlfriend (He had a long talk with me on my future relationships and had to succumb to my stubbornness by going,"Okay, you can have an Indian, CHinese, Arab or martian girlfriend or whatever. but she has to convert to Islam." Fine by me. Now let's talk about whether I actually do wanna get married.).

I guess racism runs in the family. Most of the "hardcore" Malays, in fact, have a problem with the Chinese. I always hear them criticising and stereotyping the Chinese as those little nerds you see running around with their bags and are very nasal in their voices.

And every teenager that has either dyed hair or wears practically what you see the teenagers wear these days, are Bengs in my family's eyes. Wonder how it'll be like if i bring home a real Beng back home. My best friend's a Beng as well. I just await the moment where I turn their entire perception of me the other way around, again (they actually thought i cant speak or that i'm very introvert up to mid-2005 when they stumbled on my emails and documents of the various projects i started plus conversations between teachers from North View and Ngee Ann who say that i smile a lot, which i rarely do at home by the way, even more so when it comes to laughter, and lead a very healthy social life. In a way, I'm a hypocrite.)

End of post.
Posted by Audi