Sunday, April 24, 2005 |  
Okay... update.. i've changed my mind about producing another dio. Im still exhausted from the last one. Give me a while more... maybe after the Valentine. Now... during my little break (the valentine's coming into M Workshop next week),, im gonna practice figure painting. Now its gonna be don properly.. no rush. The one in I Trust You... even though somewhat interesting to see in real life... was done in a rush. Now i wanan see if i can produce better looking ones (ultimately the flesh tones) in a lomger time span. ( The two figures behind the T34 were done in a span of two days. The other two were done in a day.)

I still have... what... Twelve minus four....eight figures left from the Russian Infantry set. I'll be using them to practice.some of them might be ending up in ANOTHER dio... A small one only. Gonna do this little dio the way the pros do it this time. Little dio... one story... attention-grabbing.

My idea for this dio came from watching a Call Of Duty trailer a few hours ago (yeah.. i was watching game trailers... was bored.) Basically its a small group of Russian infantry in the street-fighting of Stalingrad running behind a wall of a bombed-out house. Ill have one guy scared and hiding behind a wall from enemy bullets while the other run past him, trying their luck against the intense fire. One of them will be holding up the Russian flag... which is of course hung with by pole.

There... small... single story. Now Bernie advised me to ensure that the dio has a main actor. Either one guy or all of them. Dear me, dear me.... wht should i do. I could have the scared guy being the centre of attraction to convey the message of how chaotic the scene is at that time till the other soldiers didnt take notice of him or i could have the entire group charging as the topic and convey to the viewers of how brave the Russians were during World War Two even though armed with crude weapons and armour. I really like their armour.. it shows how mechanisation is begining to be part of everyday live... all those rivets and cranks... ooo....

Ahem yeah.... Then its the naming of the dio. If the scaredy puss is the centre of the dio, I might just name it "We Forgot Him" and otherwise for the other story I'll name it "For The Motherland" or maybe "Anything For The Motherland" or "Spirit Of Russia". The Russians were exceptionally patriotic. So were the Japanese and the Germans.
Posted by Audi