Friday, April 22, 2005 |  
Today I celebrated Don's birthday by comin over to his house at around 11pm...just to pass him his presents; the three-hour-long video (featuring we eleven friends), a personal letter from me and.... yes... the dio; I Trust You.

To hear more, log on to -donbei.blogspot.com.

Modeling; Bernard didnt really like the dio. He said it lacks the story (i didnt tell him the story behind it or the title) and the colour blending is all bonkers. The tank dont fit into the scene.. the figures are in another league... the groundwork is from fairy-land.

Beats me.. but somehow the lights in his shop made my grass stand out and the colours look less saturated. My t34 actually looked green-grey under his light!

But anyways... I think its good. I like it. A lot. maybe cos it has a story (A personal one really... ). It has perspective. Yes... there are problems like how the tank tracks is not that complimentary to the tank itself or that the vegetation is distinctive to its surroundings. But... when you take out little bits of views from the dio.. u may get a lot of story. That was my whole point. To tell many stories. heh heh i'm nuts on film making too so maybe it bled into modeling here...

Bernard's, with all due respect, along with many professional modelers, prefer having a small scene which tell one story, immediately. That is perfect. I agree. But im still and amateur. Im learning.. just trying out whether this kinda idea would be interesting.... it is! to me at least.

My next dio will be of a Valentine tank (British). Most probably during the African Campaign. not that much mud. just sand. And lots of it.

And as for my Sd. Kfz. 222, it's on the showcase of M Workshop now. It's for sale. Wont fetch much but its a good start.

The Valentine's next. Love the Valentine.

For now.. i'm off to another break. The video really killed me. and all those rendering problems!!!! AARRGHHH
Posted by Audi