Friday, September 21, 2007 |  
Edit: Video added

Pretty much another busy schedule for me this week. But at least i'm doing something.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last Thursday and Friday I had the privelege of acting for Mediacorp on a Life Story 2 episode entitled "Quah Kim Song"... some footballer of the 70s.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got over to the TV builidng in Mediacorp and found the Channel News Asia office so I was like "hahahahaahaha wtf". Channel News Asia has brought me through a lot of rough times....

I saw a group of Malay boys.. plenty of them... sitting around as usual. I needed to find the Wardrobe area so I came up to a couple of them and asked where is it. They looked at me.. in some funny way... like as if I owed them something. One of them flashed his eyes and pointed it to some place behind me.

"It's there." he says.

I turned around and the wardrobe had this little window and behind it was a HUGE laundry-room-like looking thing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I met a guy named Fish... yeah.. Fish... and he looked awfully familiar. We started talking about stuff. More boys came in including two other Chinese boys. I asked him who were they and Fish said,"Oh... they're the National Squad..."

I was in the same room as the National Squad Under-18s?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I asked Fish if he acted before, since he looked so familiar, and he put up four fingers.

"Four years."

Then bam.. i knew it was that guy I keep seeing on tv.

This episode the main character was played by Randall Tan. I was sitting with another part-time actor and I made eye contact with him. He smiled and I thought he looked like some actor Ting would love to screw over everyday in bed so I smiled back.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pretty funny guy. He's 34... and doesnt know how to play soccer and acting in a soccer episode.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had the shoot at a footbal field along Jalan Kayu on Thursday. I met plenty of familiar faces in the crew from the times I've been showing up with Uncle Jimmy on Mediacorp productions. We exchanged nods and smiles as usual.

I felt like it was a pretty small crew today... five people... and Fish gasped,"This is considered big already you know!"

So we're overdoing it in school?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Having a minor role that day gave me some time to go around nosing about. Randall, Fish and I were hanging about together. Randall is like Shah... so there.

Fish and I were talking about the industry and I asked about whatever Mediacorp was. I was reminded of the time Daryl and I were in Tampines, hanging our balls out to dry the day before, and he mentioned how none of the Mediacorp actors can act. So I asked Fish about this and he started chuckling. He gave me some names of people whom he thought couldnt act but are making it big and climbing up the ranks anyways.

I asked if they were actually given acting courses of anything and he said it was pretty much training-on-the-job. I get it now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had an old man named Uncle Bill, who plays Uncle Choo, come in on set. He seems to be really well-known around the industry, what with a restaurant under his name, a veteran actor and was setting a date for Pat Mok and Michelle Yeoh to come to his restaurant. Michelle Yeoh, wtf? I think i got the name wrong...

He was saying stuff about how the new generation of kids in the industry are spoiling a lot of things. Like Kwang Wei said... they come in and get jobs like Assistant Director (I got offered that position already lol) and in this case, Casting Director.

Uncle Bill was saying how the people of old would keep records for the actors but the new kids dont. As such, the old veteran actors are forgotten and now they find people like us, poly kids, to act for their shows. It's only by luck that Uncle Bill was spotted on AADB... much like how i was spotted for this shoot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Friday shoot was held at NTU's Track and Field area.

Pretty interesting morning that time. Before we left I was waiting in the bus for a new friend of mine to get on. I was replying Ting and was about to ask her to set a date so that we can all go meet Sly and Family one day. That was when I spotted Sly's biggest fan - Patricia Mok!

Hey I like Pat Mok. She was wearing something really sweet with lots of flesh showing. Those in bus who saw had to admit that she had a nice figure... then *someone* said her face was pretty too... just that her mouth was as big as a whale.

I LOL-ed.



After that this big guy came walking behind her. I figured it was Julian Hee because I saw the costumes they were gonna wear for "Mission" in the Mediacorp wardrobe and both their names were written on it.

On the way to NTU we passed Ngee Ann Poly and I caught a glimspe of Sly's block in Jurong. That was a happy day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Btw... Fish and I were oogling at some bunch of girls who were going in and out of the wardrobe dressed in really nice black gowns. Some were awesomely hot and others were god-awful ugly.

Fish asked one of those in charge of them what show they were doing.

She looked back and went,"Oh... Deal or No Deal."

Fish and I gave the longest "oooooohhhhhhhh" you can ever think off ending with a knowledgeable nod of the head as we looked at the girls running about.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I see the Metamorphosis posters are out. I remember we had at least 15 ppl on set at any time for any of this show's episode. Now, we only have 5. I guess what people said was right... that Channel 8 has a fatter budget than Channel 5.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Uncle Jimmy called me on Friday morning. Looks like he's back in Singapore. I think he wanted me to do something but I couldnt since I was acting. All he told me was, "Do a good one."

I told him before that the director was a Malay guy and he got confused. Now, Kwang Wai says that guy in red is a producer with a Punjabi name and now i'm even more confused.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

but in any case... this guy wasnt like most of the directors i've seen. Shoot ended pretty fast. I was there for about an hour and then I was done. Two hours waiting for the bus and an hour later i'm done?

I talked to another veteran actor about it and he said that this shoot was exteremly fast. He's had his rough times apparently; nothing happening on set... dragging schedules... characters being cut out.... But we both agreed that this director knew what was happening. I'm cool with that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since I finished early I hung around to see the production doing stuff. I asked about the camera... I asked about stuff... I observed the intern doing being the camera assist and using the word "fuck" on the cameraoperator.... I dont think that's nice even if you're smiling.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That's Fish in green and Randall in blue and some guy from NTU in biege.

I had my fun time on the shoot. I made friends with one of the Chinese boys from the National Squad and we exchanged numbers. I'm amazed that these guys are at most 18 and their kicks were simple awesome. I heard that the match they did for the shoot went surprisingly smooth - every ball went where it was supposed to. And the build of their bodies makes me look all weak and nerdy... not that I was fit to begin with haha...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was looking at this girl as well. The devil in me kicked in and I started getting cheeky. I like entertaining girls who look lost. I learned a new phrase from Randall and it's called "Cock Tease"... want to show but dun wan to show (he was talking about the sun, btw). For the sake of humanity, I wont say how I used this on the girl.

Uncle Bill was talking to her.. i think it was about her being a model or something. I listened in (I sat next to her on purpose heheheheheheh) and found out she was just right. In the bus I looked and studied... oh nvm. She's Chinese too so I guess she isnt lazy and stupid ahahahahahahaha.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fine, I digress. I had a lot of beef for dinner last night.

The last shoot will be this Tuesday. Seems pretty fun judging from the script.

Until then, I need to do my rounds around Yishun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Posted by Audi Labels: ,