Tuesday, September 18, 2007 |  
EDIT: Changed a few things and added new video. What multimedia-ic fun!

Though it's still the holidays here for Ngee Ann... and the kids who went for attachment are at home getting fat (except for Kai Xiang... can never go beyond my little finger)... those who chose IBP are already working on their film.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Boring details about what the fudge is "IBP" aside, Don, Rahman, Daryl and I took my dad's car out for a spin around Singapore looking for the perfect location for our depressing 15 minute love between a young 8 year old Indian boy and a 75 year old chinese woman.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This isnt the first time Don and Rahman took my dad's car out for a spin so getting permission was easy. Besides... they're both at least 23 years old. It's not like some 19 year old boy driving...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's pretty cool going around with the guys in the car and me yapping my gay ass off with hit-and-miss jokes. Somehow i think one day I'll die in their hands.

We went around the whole of Singapore looking really hot with our swanky "FMS Uniform" - bermudas and black/white shirts and slippers, going around blasting GOLD 90.5FM in our hip and cool Corolla Altis. The old ladies would die for us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Our story called for a povert-ised looking flat (that's poverty, btw)and we did find some. We went around the neighbourhoods and sat down, Daryl smoking like the bloody chimney he is, watching the residents going by with their lives.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Most of the residents were very receptive of new faces, surprisingly. I would have thought they'd shake sticks at us but no, they were smiling, they were praying, they were helping their negihbours move things. Its amazing that these residents are above 50 years old.

They did ask what we were doing here, getting out of the car looking like CID officers and walking through corridors and staring into their flats. I could understand the tension in the air but it always subsides once we say we're looking for a place to film.

Sometimes, though, i think we shouldnt tell them more than we should. Rahman was talking to one of them and it went like this:

"Oh Auntie, we're thinking of shooting a film so we're looking for a location..."

She smiles and giggles then asks,"Why here? It's so ugly."

Obviously she was joking around, smiling and being so jumpy, then Rahman replied,"Oh but our story calls for a depressing place... full of poverty... so we came here."

Rahman smiles.

I dont think I could say that any better to a 65 year old woman.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sometimes I wonder what should I do once i graduate. I really dont like being in any of the top positions... i dont like thinking of story or pre-production. What I like is going around with these people seeing all this things... the nooks and crannies of the country. Then I can tell stories and tell of my adventures like Sir Raffles in his little straw cottage in the Singapore Jungles, surrounded by naked dancing monkey boys.

I think I should be a blogger! Oh, wait...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We chanced upon a block in Old Toa Payoh that was in the middle of eviction. Some shops were boarded up along with several other units. It was quiet, save only for the residents that still live in that block. Some of the occupied units are so far apart that the could be on opposite ends of the block.

I can only imgaine how it's like to live in such a block from the beginning; day by day, you lose a neighbour. It's like a war going on in Nazi Germany.

Oh look, cats.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I like the way this three people think. Props to Don and Rahman for influencing Daryl and I. We're like those group of boys sitting behind the class, not the favourite of any teachers, and we're struggling to make it despite our kids at home, our sick parents, allowance from charities. No, wait, that's us. As for Don, he lives alone. Bachelor forever yea.

Rahman died.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Seriously, no matter how much we try in school, in the end, the grades in our resutls slip still come up the same; Cs and Ds. I know my parents wont understand my response to those grades, but I do - I've seen it all before. Pretty much why I dont really bother about grades anymore. At the end of the day, it's just a fucking diploma. My experience will speak for me the next time i need a job.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rahman was driving most of the day. I liked the way he drives. It feels so energetic. He was playing with the gearstick in the car and testing the acceleration and brakes.

Not long later he turns the Altis into a semi-auto car. He went from gear L, to gear 2, then D, then down to 2, then back to L. The car sped from 0kmph to 60kmph in a mere second or so.

It was fun... Don was going, "RAHMAN! RAHMAN! BEST DRIVER MAN!!!" and cheering him on. At the end of the day, Don was getting restless and went,"Cb la... i feel nauseous.... headache..."

He hits the driver's chair,"Fuck you la Rahman, I think it's your driving."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We went over to Bedok Corner after that to grab a bite. Daryl started getting jumpy and all.

"I want to drive."

Lol. Fine. Daryl passed his driving test about a month ago, before school closed and has been itching to drive ever since. Everytime I have an argument with him about driving he whips out his driver's license and says,"Eh, you get this then talk to me okay?"

Apparently the last time he drove was the day after his TP. lmao?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Which reminds me, video are a given.



We found the locations in the end and have prepared the photos and stuff to be submitted to our Producer, Hannah Banana... err.. i mean.. Hannah Angsana...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Uncle Kam seems to be really happy with the four of us going all around for location scouting. Of course he should... I mean.. we make the Corolla Altis look cool!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rahman got me home really quickly from Don's place in Pasir Panjang. Honestly the Altis sped like never before. I think it felt happy, at last. After all, the Altis has now been replaced with a Honda CRV just this afternoon. I believe we gave the car a good run that day after three years of serving this family.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Somehow I feel like i'm a frigging newscaster with a blog.

*Turns to camera 2*

In other news, Mediacorp sent me the email consisting of the shoot schedule and script for the Life Story episode I had the privelege of acting in. Apparently they didnt like me playing a Chinese (what? too dark for you?!) and set me into a Malay role. Luckily I dont have to speak to gibberish... i mean, Malay... otherwise I'd screw everything up.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The have a scene where I'm the supporting character and I'm supposed to run down the left flank of a soccer field with the ball and do a cross over to the actor playing Quah Kim Song.

I play soccer like a Kang Sheng in a china shop so...... merry christmas?

Shooting starts this Thursday and ends next Tuesday. Should be cool. I wanted to bring along a friend with me to act like my assistant (hey, some actors have assistants...) to carry towels and water.. maybe learna few things... see a few things... earn a few things... but too bad man... fella disappointed me AGAIN and still hasnt waken up his idea.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Till next time... and have you seen Kang Sheng? Fucker slimmed down!




p.s I found this video and thought it's a pretty good example of real-life drama. Just look at the blocking!

Posted by Audi Labels: ,