“OMG I just saw Tharik shouting on tv!” Henry types on MSN.

Huh? Tv? Tharik? I didn’t bother but then I went out to the living room to switch on the comp outside and my mother had channel 5 TV on and wah lau I saw Tharik!!!!

He was shouting, “BARIS!!!! SEDIIII…….AAA!!!”

Orhhh it’s national day parade la!!!

A few weeks ago, for god knows what reason, a couple of strangers have been coming up to me and chatting. One of them was a Singaporean construction worker. He’s an Indian and has been “working with the Government” for 40 years. He’s 71, just had his birthday, speaks clear English but if u saw him on the streets u’d point ur finger and say “Bangla bangla bangla bangla bangla…….”

It was at AMK MRT, and he was saying why for al these years it has NEVER rained during the NDP parades.

He said it’s because of the seventh month… everyone keeps praying and praying and burning so the spirits form a ring around the island so that it wont rain.

What the hell….?

This year’s parade commanders were swee swee probably the ones with the best voice ever in the history. It was deep, course, aggressive and commanding…. Just what every man should be.

Then I saw that the NDP is down with an illness!
I dotn know why nobody said anything…. But it’s confirmed: this year’s NDP is down with the Ah-Gua Syndrome!

The first time I noticed this was happening when they had the repetitive it’s-been-done-for-so-many-years(!) combined school choir thingy with their horrible sci-fi clothes and their hobo bucket hats and they were singing the Indian song….. and I thought I’d see some decent looking guy who HAS to have that hint of manliness because he’s performing, like maybe a suit on or sth, and what I saw was another pretty boy copy….

PRETTY BOY!!!!

I mean yeah I understand if u wanna be hip and cool and all that but geez cmon man could u not make the guy look so gay? With all the bad color combination and make up and purlple blushers and super-waxed hair do?

Then the camera started to crane down and I had the biggest shock of my life;
WTH THE NDP GOH TOUCHING THEIR KU KU JIAO!!!

For the previous years I remember the GOH to be standing at attention or at ease and yeah they have their own fancy drills and stuff like the rifles akimbo stance….. but geez my god they just made out soldiers look so WEAK holding their rifles like that! In case you didn’t see the parade, they were standing like this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Might as well do this also right?

.
.

.
.
.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wo hen cute nehhxXxzzz...... I am a singapore soldier!


Henry was online going “Parade also must do so many style ar?”

I think he was referring to the forming up of all those lettering on the parade ground.

Then Lee Kuan Yew came to his seat, guarded by two other people. I remember that the PAP wore white because it symbolizes purity and transparency…. And ya it’s really transparent! I can see LKY’s singlet!
Ahhh my country’s hero. He’s started to move quite slower I see… but its ok he’s done a lot of good.

“The hero with a faggot son.” – Anonymous.

Then a few moments later, I was in the room and Henry MSN-ed

“hhaah LHL come down no one acc him.”

LMAO.

I dunno I just have this grudge against Mr. Sianzzz-talk-so-Long. It’s come to the point where everytime I see him doing sth on tv.. him giving some talk or speech… I’d point my finger in the air and go, “YOUR FATHER DOES BETTER THAN YOU!”

I think what we need is a MAN leading the country instead of a BOY. Stupid elite school kids!

Then I think this Suria idol crap gay/guy came on and ok…. His singing was fine…. buT WAH LAN DEH!!! It’s basically a copy of the other guy la!!! PRETYY BOY!!! It’s just… it’s just… it’s just….. KNNCBBB nab eh if I had the power I put an ah beng down there and everyone will confirm say thanks to me. Na beh. At least put him in a fucking suit la. Like this u wanna earn respect? Sibeh ah gua neh…..

The next few minutes the parade was over, I came out of my room and the performances were about to begin. They were showing some weird video of kids being surgeons and doctors and marine biologists…. Spooked me a bit.

Then the drums started beating and they had this guy singing like Bjork. It was ok and fine…. Until I saw that he was BUFF…. WAY TOO FLEXIBLE and SMEARED WITH GOLD PAINT!

And suddenly he went into all these creepy dance moves that geez god if I were doing those moves please kill me !!! It was really like….. u noe those boys who took ballet and u really wanna bash them up in sec school? Yeah those kind.

Then the announcer said sth like it was choreographed by some person named Clarice and invited the person to speak about the dance.
Like ok… its done by a girl so fine maybe that explains the moves………..and a GUY’S voice came on!

Wth!!!!! Clarice is a girl’s name rite?!??!

My gawd….. it’s like wtf all these artsy fartsy performances and all the pretty colours and all…. My gawd~~!!!!! AAARRGHHH!!!!! No wonder when my Ozzie friend was saying sth like “Singaporeans are sissies.” I think I kinda feel for him now.

The neh neh Look-at-me-I’m-so-artsy youths are the sissy wan knn. I mean just look at the lao jiao parade commanders…. SO MAN!!!!
Then we the youths of the Republic like worms like that wiggle here wiggle there like so fun liddat.

All these movements for “Young artists”, “Rich culture and art.”, “Post-Modern” and all those big jamungous words comes down to all faggotty stuff.
I’m truly really disappointed. I so am.
The previous year’s was a BLAST! It was fun, professional, exciting and the men sure as hell acted like men.


What? Did the people from Singapore Idol run the NDP?

Even when I was 5 watching taped recording of the NDP parades in my hotel room in Kuching I was excited with all the soldier’s gung ho ness and toughness and the tanks and the performances…. Where those with dicks dressed up like they did have dicks. And even the art performances had the guys doing guy stuff (help girls climb up the human pyramid for eg.)



The CNA website said sth abt the fireworks, performances, drill and march past are the favourite events of the audience..
.
.
.
PLEASE LA THAT'S ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN OFFERED OKAY.


This year’s truly wasn’t exciting… repetitive songs… lots of cliché stuff like “Awww this circle represents unity which is part of the Singapore pledge blab la lb alba” . and I swear this guy was on and a question was posted to him… and he was obviously reading off a script with all those humungous words that are lined up one after another; It’s obviously written by some lawyer person and read by my friend’s uncle's dog's son.

Geez… seriously ive never been more disappointed with the NDP like this before.

In the end I called out Henry and Aik and decided not to watch all these artsy fartsy empty performances and go do stuff real men do…..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

…so we went to Blk 925 kopitiam for dinner. I had my hot teh., watching Channel 8 while drinking… enjoying the fan blowing and listening to all the cars and ppl going by and having a swell time talking to my two kakis.

Then we went off to AMK K-pool till 12 am with Tharik.. having buckets of great laughs.

I really really hope someone in the organisation kicks someone in the head and next year’s NDP isn’t as gu niang as this year’s.

.

.

.

.... But I think it’s also because Hasrul was there la. HAHAHAHAAHHA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


However there were some nice excerpts from New Paper’s 9th August edition. I like the one with the three grandmothers saying “Independence simi sai?” and the columnist writing about Singapore passports.












Last year's NDP at Yishun Field.
Posted by Audi