A couple of posts before I ranted about a silly law that, through my interpretation, symbolizes the gahment’s insecurity of its citizens.

Well they might have their reasons for the law, rite?

But then, a short while before, I had another run in with another media “law”.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some of the photos from my “Mafia in the Dark” production, which I sent in for Charlie to vet before I send them over to Noise Singapore, got rejected for that single silly reason.

The part that put me off was, “FYI, this is against the law in Singapore.”

What? So now we cant have ppl smoking in our photographs?
I got Tharik to find that specific law that denies photographers to take pictures of cigs and, as I expected, Tharik came back all tired and sweaty on the other line and said he cant find anything on it.

The annoying thing is that he ended with, “Hope you can finish your project on time.”….


It’s not like I can just garner three redheads and three C-stands and send in my letter of permission to the Estate manager in Ngee Ann and get a digital camera and get the talents back and rent the Bolex as a prop all in what… three days? What the hiao…….


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He never replied and probably never will; the Noise Singapore Apprenticeship is over.

The submission date is from today to the 17th of August. I’m handing it up anyways… with cigs or no cigs.



Posted by Audi