Sunday, May 07, 2006 |  
Wake up Call...smack in the nose...

My post is what? 3 weeks late? heh heh...sorry...
Anyways...this week was so slow and dull...until yesterday happened.

We were driving home, my three friends and I, and we came to a red light. It turned green and so my friend T started to move. But the car in front of us braked suddenly and so T braked too but she was too late. Then *BAM!* we smashed into the car in front of us. I wasnt wearing my seatbelt at the time because I was bending down to pick something up. So my face smashed into the seat (and the sunglasses I was wearing) in front of me.

Ok, ok, thats the story that Ive been telling everyone. So that it doesnt make T look bad. But heres the real story, the story that only here will i confess.

We were driving home and we pulled up to a red light. My friend Pat's sister was walking home so she came over to talk to us at the red light. The light turned green so T started to go. But she had been distracted by P's sister and was driving too close to the car in front of us. As she wasnt paying attention she didnt see the lady braking so *BAM!* we smashed into the car in front of us. I wasnt wearing my seatbelt the whole time and I wasnt bending down to pick something up. But my face still hit the seat. So we stop and T starts panicking and she gets out of the car. Meanwhile, I'm still in a daze about what happened. It all happened so quickly. I remember suddenly being thrown forward and coming away from the seat with my nose really sore. My left contact had fallen out, my sunglasses had broken. I wasnt sure how injured I was. I checked to see if my sunglasses had shattered if my eyes were ok...I remember Pat and Spen going "Oh my God!" and disappearing off somewhere to get ice. My nose was bleeding and my eye was bruised. It took me a while to snap back to reality. Check out my battle scars:




















Not the most flattering picture but anyways...Some minor cuts and bruises...No biggie...The car we were in was damaged, the hood got bent. The cops came to make a report and stuff like that. The worst part was we were on a busy street and two school buses from our school (one of which i usually take home) pulled up. Everyone started looking and some laughed and clapped. Idiots. Everyone else was ok, they were all wearing their seatbelts. I usually always wear mine. It was just unfortunate that one of the few times tht i didnt have it on an accident happened. And the moral of the story is: Always wear your seatbelt! I know only just recently they enforced that law in Singapore. Last time you didnt have to wear a seatbelt when ur in the backseat. Even tho its a pain in the ass, they make those laws for a reason..

And to finish...word of the week. Altho, its not really word of the week since im not very consistant with my postings. Let rename it...and call it...EH? I think that appropriate.. Canadians are well known for their EH? Just like malaysians and singaporeans say lah. Just wanted to point out that not all of the words here are Canadian slang. More like Canadian teenager slang.

_____________________________________________________________
EH?
roughin' v.
basically means smoking pot: Where's Tim? I think he's roughin' outside...
_____________________________________________________________
Posted by Anonymous