I fell asleep early today.. around 5pm. The next thing i knew, i was looking up from my thin springless mattress at the clear bright sky. I found it to be very peculiar; the night sky was blue and as if having its own invisible light source. Of course, realistically, the moon was shining tonight. A patch of after-rain clouds was lingering, and its edges were glowing silvery-red. Such a contrast against each other. I remember when i was young i would look out the hotel room and up int he sky and imagine gloating between the clouds and stars. It's been a long while since i got that magical feeling again; the feeling of peaceful emptiness. Or maybe i sleept the wrong way just now.

I know i know.. it's been a while since i posted any visual items in my entries. It's simply because whne i see something of beauty, it's difficult to capture. Why? cos i cant make it look beautiful on its own. or with editing.Sometimes i wish that anything i capture autimatically interprets how i see it. i dun want a Photoshop feature-frenzy appearing on my pictures... its like i'm looking at the pioneers of photography and laughing at them saying,"Look at me! I didnt plan my shots and produced something much cooler than yours..... in two hours!"

Do you think it's a problem when someone starts to edit a picture of a scenery for around two hours? I do that sometimes... and find it embarassing. Not that it shows i dont know the program. I think i know a fair bit. But it just shows my attitude when taking the real thing. I know.. when people look at my pictures they'll easily smile and point at it and comment,"Wow.... you do great Photoshop!". It's like a double-edged sword; your left brain says you're getting somewhere in the visual arts, the right brain says you're an ass with no respect and much complacency for the art. OKay whatever... I think I need medication.

Without further ado... here are some shots from school.... and my probing nonsensical comments I so love to give to an empty digital theatre cyberspace hall.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was running late for school. No. Actually, mymum was driving me late to school... somehow. We were at junction near the Salvation Army in Bukit Timah, i was positioning myself on the seat when i saw this in the mirror. I've always had this fascination for European countries because when spring comes, the skies are usually clear adn the sun shines bright across the treelines. From the footpath, you look up and what greets you is this astounding set up showing off the beauty of architecture and nature. Airy as it may sound like.... it's my secret dream to live in Europe, where sceneries like this detox you of the social poisons lingering around these days. Or that's how i think. Heck.. i should just stay in a hut in the middle of Alaska shouldnt I? Damned imaginations of mine....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A friend of mine, Xue Li, working on her laptop during break time. Taken in the preview theatre where students are shown nudity, gore, musical,s etc etc... recently we've been watching plenty of old films from the 1900s to 1940s. Many of my coursemates fall asleep or simpy hate black and white films. Its probably the clasical music. Everybody wants to beat to the box or wail like some pop singer. Yeah i do fall asleep sometimes but i found that if i were to tap my fingers along with the classical music, as if im playing the piano, it actually works in keeping me intuned. Oh ok back to the picture... i like the highlights of the chair.. though i wish there couldve been more contrast between that and the rest of the seat... so we have this really realy dark lighting of the chairs.. and xue li's back appearing frm the darkness.

I wanna pause here for a moment. One of the things i so hate about watching a movie with Tharik is that he will comment on every single scene, as the movie is playing, no less. Firstly, talkin during a show is a big no no for me. Yeah a few laughs is fine.. sniffing and all that natural twitching... but to keep going like,"Can YOU do that?" or "hhaah what bad acting" during Keeping Mum or "what a fake effect" etc etc is absolutely eff-ed up type of comment. I think the movies screened today went through a lot of vetting so if an effect is atrocious, it's probably you. HUNDREDS of people work on a simple Jack Neo film and hundred more go for test screenings before the film is released so any mistkaes wouldve been wiped out. If they are still there then maybe we should take that green explosion metaphorically. And stuff. Sorry i trailed off, but i just wanna spread the word to people like Tharik to just WATCH THE DAMN FILM. Films are meant to transport people out of reality and if you dont allow yourself to do that, then you should be at home watching channel 5. "Suspension of dibelief" seems to be the hot word in school. Basically it's not taking notice on things like,"Aww cmon in real life that would NOT happen!" or "Couldnt he just use that door to escape?". Do that after u've walked out of the theatre but not during the show. Dont spoil the fun. I guess if you dont keep that suspension of disbelief.. then u miss out on the story, waste your ten bucks (tickets are gloriously expensive these days...) and lose out on certain metaphors and lessons in the show. ..... Yeah.. there are indeed plenty of metaphors in film. Try looking. That single dialogue could actually be referenced from a comment from Jorje Boosh.

back to more visual things.... the next time i trial off like that.... just kill me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ahh.. girls sleeping in class. Yes. girls. LOTS of girls sleep in class. i have no idea why. Now this is exactly what i'm talking about. Boo. Ok whatever, we actualy just finished watcing "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" which was in line with our study of German Expressionism in film history. I wun go into details but I feel it is the most deepest and most macabre and most difficult kinds of films to understand because unlike Hollywood, it's not a hero-villian style of narrative, but more of "You human beings.... your minds... they are evil!" stuff. Lots of psychological play going on. Have a read at Wikipedia.org.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And here's the usual sky picture taken from my block. It was taken today. Not much things happening here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And now the kind of shots that people love to go,"Wow! nice photoshop!". While Sheryl (-brokensmile.blogspot.com), this girl i seriously proposed to but she just went, "Saoz...", has a knack for all things XiaXue (flowers.. flowers... a few fairy tale things..), I have a knack of keeping my accessories low. I think im geared more for cinematographic editing bla bla bla then again my teachers are probablty reading this and sniggering at my naive-ness. I dunno... I like to do pictures as a whole. The most I do is create a two-shade colour contrast. Like waht you see here is a partial filter of sepia contrasting against the green-blue ambient. It's just a style. im not wrong, im not right.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Similarly, i have a knack of high-contrast images when it comes to earth.... and thinks that go "clank clank clank clank BOOM". This model was submitted for my Social Psychology project early last year. It took 3 weeks to finish (The tank was completed 3 months before) and i was confident it will get me an A. I got back a C so I've never looked at it ever since.

That ends my rambling. There's more below!

I dont have much stories to tell. Maybe the other odd one or two. Like that really isnt of importance; i witnessed a mother drop her child from the level one escalator in Northpoint, drawing a huge crowd of gaping old men and teen girls with their camera-phones armed. The baby didnt wail and the fat malay mom was in a state of silent confusion; looking around, eyes wide open and pretty much blank. The ambulance came around, i got it on video as it came and left. That's pretty much the interesting things I have to tell of my social life rite now.

My social life rite now has been greatly discriminated. By me none the less. Ive gladly cut out those i find not useful, or in other words, not inhibiting me to mature and grow in studies. It's like i'm this psychological madman that curses and flairs for seemingly unimportant reasons. In school i distant myself from a lot of people. Not that I think it's cool or anything. But I move around. Im thirsty to learn more. So with the help of Charlene, i borrowed books of screenwriting. I borrowed books on Vselovod Pudovkin and the other great names in film history. And some classical music from Bach because im in dire need to hear the actual live recording of one of his pieces, Ave Maria, as it's most commonly called by the layman; normal people like us. I made some acquaintances with teachers which I am proud to say, entirely stems from my work. We all do know how it gets sometimes. Like for example last semester... this girl was not doing substantially intellectual pieces of work like some other more intelleigent students are doing. She was doing more of the "Hey i'm a girl in tuned with pop culture, hear me roar with my use of slangs and snobbish attitude!". So totally pisses me off. Yet, with all the bootlicking powers she so desperately applied and the very factor of nepotism; she would go straight up to teachers have a chat out of the blue and smile and stuff. This is fine and sweet when we look at it. However, when she walked back she'll roll her eyes and go stuff like,"What an ass la... you know he bla bla bla bla." and start gossipping about other peple's grades. I hate it when people give this facade. This face of insencere smile. Dont we all know that smiles are one of the most effective way to a man's soul? To inject a feeling of happiness or flattery from a pirated smile bought from Tampines Blk 631 is evil. So kids... dont do this. People hate this.

On a much happier side, six of us, my friends and I, are doing very well. Donald and I are sms-ing each other and talkin during school time. No more of the silly empty questions like,"How was school" thing but more of the "I did this this this in class!" thing. To feel the onset of him being drafted for NS and then he goes bye bye for three months straight... then the next one and a half years... i can just feel it. I can feel the greasy old gay fags in the army looking at him in the shower, inching closer to him in the middle of the night. Dont we get so protective of our friend's sometimes? Yeah there are times i wish i were together with Don to watch his back but then that would be wrong. The situation does not call for it and by doing so im just making a mess out of myself. Though there really is no such a thing as "best friends", which we al should have dropped the term while we were still 14, there is such a thing as "honest, comfortably close friendship". Which we all do need at some point of time.



P.S. I'm sorry, but some of us are checking back every now and then for funny entries. Im afraid to say this will be apparently quite less now, I think. Unless you find some humour in my recent entries. I think ill be shifting to a more.... uh... posts like the one above. Whatever you call that type of entries; I'm just gonna dim the lights a bit. I read somewhere it's better to be funny than trying to be funny. And of course.. we all know.. being comical isnt exactly a very simple thing to do for some. Sometimes i wish there was someone out there in cyberspace actually wondering what the hell i'm doing when there are periods of no-entries. I just wanna tell that person that i'm either in captivity for being an ass, or that i'm keeping myself busy by roaming the world (or library) in thirst for knowledge. I need to broaden my mind if i want to wite better.
Posted by Audi