Do you guys remember that time i went to Kuching and met this guy fromthe M'sian army who just got promoted to second in command in Sarawak?

The one that my dad said i could go find if i want a nice review of the Malaysian army (for god knows.).

Remember? Yeah. that guy.

well.


my dad smsed.

that he passed on yesterday in a car accident.




CAR ACCIDENT!


like.. ...........



Anyways it got me bringin up a few questions.

cos at the same time iw as watching discovery channel and their special two hr documentary on the sinking of the Bismarck.

Bismarck is the biggest German battleship in World War Two.

So of course.... World war two enthusiasts which many of us are.... there were recreations of what was going on on the ship during battle... before it sank..... by just a silly little torpedo launched from a silly wooden British bi-plane.. that happened to hit Bismarck's rudder, crippling it into circles. I cant get enough of ww2 soldiers running around. It pumps me up.

And we should understand that the Bismarck was effing HUGE! and effing WIDE and effing ARMOURED! Go google the Bismarck.

Then i recalled what the guys and I were doing almost everynight these few days.



a typical scene would be Tharik and I shouting our hearts out into microphones..... shouting, "FORWARD FORWARD FORWARD!!!" .... or "WTF ARE YOU DOing THARIK?!?! EFF YOU! TURN AROUND AND FLANK THEM FROM THE RIGHT!"

Then Jason and Aik and henry would be coming around, spread out in a line, crouching lowly, clutching their rifles and slowly moving frm cover to cover int he winter snow, amking their way to where Tharik DOnald and I are.

I can hear them. My 5.1 channel surround sound setup cant possibly miss every clink clank of their boots on metal railcars.

Then when one of us spots the other, a little private duel will becoming, peeking out from roofs, telephone poles, taking potshots at each other. Muzzle smoke lingers in the air around us... revealing our position a bit.

Aik will use his Bren machine gun and lay down a base of fire around where i'm at, and when i hear his rounds losing rythm, a sign he's not concentrating on his fire. i peek out with my Kar98k rifle and land a near-headshot, which only hits him in the chest. After that he'd either run away to heal while i take this chance and lob a grenade or he continues to fight with the injuries. Otherwise he'll fall back to heal and i'll take the opppurtunity to run away.

but normalyl he just charges and kills me with a rifle swing. Lucky bastard.

Then when the final charge comes; to run across the open space to reach the flag and complete the objective, that's when furious mashings ont he keyboard, typing commands and orders, the microphone is getting hot and wet with frantic cursing and the speakers and delivering all the goodness and sweetness of rabid gunfire we were pouring on each other.

It's great fun playing Call of Duty 2 this way.

I find it a great way to foster a relationship. A bonding. Especially first person shooting games like this where tactics play some part. Not some blah game where one can survive on his own. (coupled with the secret-sharing and outings of course.)

But then this game models on world war two. People die and it's real. Too bad that developers havent found an effective way to incorporate the feelings of soldiers for those they left behind; thier families. games like this soemtimes make ppl think that war is just fun fun fun. Just htink about it....... SO MANY PEOPLE swear for war not to happen again. And these people have been through it! like.. duh.... if so many people say that war is bad.... then war SHOULD be bad, rite?

Personally i find it a thrill to be running into the mud.. in the rain... with the guys. It's soem man thing i guess. The girls find it a thrill to go shopping together. We guys find it a thrill to sit down inone corner of the street talkin about how shitty Mrs. Ba Gua is.

lmao maybe thats why im not having a girlfriend yet. I dun understand them! Simple life = cheap life for some girls.

but in any case.. what does this have to do with the passing on of the second-in-command?

Well this guy has a family. He's young. Jovial. Contented with many things. The General of the Malaysian army finds hope in him.

But then he's gone. Like... ta da!

im not gonna go on about how fragile life is cos duh... isnt it?

ive lost friends. I know friends who've lost friends. My sister and I know someone who passed on and it happened to be my friend's brother! It's creepy! One day she comes home and tells me the guy who's sitting behind her during maths class just passed away... then she comes and shows me his picture and OMFG! That guy's my friend's brother!

But the thing about this second in command is that...... isnt he suppsoed to die in soem military way? Like.. war.. or an invasion.. or some infiltration.... or maybe the ammo dump exploded and stuff?

but in a simple drive back home then screech! dead.

Then now i think.. its like... wth la.. i'm a student! i'm an amatuer filmmaker!
Does that mean im gonna die getting impaled by a rigging? burned alive by the huge lights? poisoned by some jealous girl after she puts poison in my make up? or maybe il just grow old and die,.. with a record of achievements behind me.

or maybe insome twist of fate i get abducted by Thai secret service and get sodomized to death.

But well that's the way things go.

Just liek in Call of Duty 2;
i'm guarding a bomb from being defused by Tharik. Ima sniper, and sitting on a ruined house probably 200 metres frm the site overlooking the entire bomb site. Tharik comes into view. I see him running from bush to bush (sometimes just straight on. He cant learn cover and concealment for the love of cheese!), scouting around. He cant see me. I'm just four pixels big from where he is. I have him in my sights. He's defusing the bomb. He;s still in one position. I cant possibly miss. I hold my breath (press shift)........... click!

im greeted with my desktop. I fucking lagged out!
Posted by Audi