Monday, July 25, 2005 |  
We had the official screening of Savage Cravings this morning.


We blew everyone away.


After the screening, the lecture hall was speechless.


The other groups, after a four-hour break, were seated suspiciously tighter in the next class.


And it was much more quiet too.



While we were openly celebrating our success In King Albert Park's Mac Donald's, I shot in and reminded the others to be tactful and not mention about our success infront of the other two groups.


The crew smelt an A coming up, some even an A(D) *D for distinction*.


I wouldnt bet so high though. Things always go wrong when everyone bets so high.


And I met daphne Khoo again.. this time with her producer i think. Some Chinese guy with hair like Shiekh Haikel.
And news flew around that Daphne is interested in my classmate, Shah. That 23 year old malay guy.
And yeah.. girls are extremely crazy over him. And i'm still confused.


.....


Have a thing hanging on my mind now...


Hmm...


I met an old friend of mine from Ngee Ann engineering course.


We happened to meet each other; I was standing infront of a vending machine with my crew, discussing, he was walking towards the vending machine, with his friends.


My old friend has changed a bit.


He seemed pale. And shabbier.


He had a huge ear stud on his left ear.


Maybe I could miam him if i were to press the sharp end of the stud into his neck.


I didnt recognise him at first glance.


But this ld friend of mine kept looking.


I think he was smiling a bit.


And i recognise him. My old friend.


The one that transformed me.


The one that re-embedded faith in me that best friends do exist.


The one that would sing out loud infront of me in his room... or anywhere else.,,, and sing along with me..


The one that would always get me angry and be all fatherly with hiim.


The one that was beside me when I was out looking at girls.


The one that I saw cry right infornt of my eyes.


The one that saw me cry right infornt of his eyes.


The one that didnt mind me shouting out a whole vocabulary of profanities at everything under the sun everytime we walk over to King Albert Park at night.


And one that has somewhat formed a hint of personal/emotional/ mental bonding with me... just like any close friends would.


I looked at him.


But i cant smile.


The more i tried to smile, the more i could feel the smile turn upside-down.


And things start getting blur, with him only in focus.


we looked at each other in the eyes... he walking closer, beside me.


No words.


Just looks.


We turned away at the same time.


And i tried to continue with my discussion.


But i lost it.

I turned back an inch.


He turned back an inch too.


and we turned back again to our seperate groups of friends.


......


......


I wonder what that smile was for.


i wonder where he is now.
Posted by Audi