Sunday, October 24, 2004 |  
I just came back from a shopping spree. Was supposed to go for tuition but I didnt care less. This morning at about four my mum caught me playing with my...... computer. I mean, cant a guy taking his o levels destress by playing computer games in the morning???

Okay actually i havent been studying but rather playing games. Blitzkrieg and IL2 Sturmovik seems to be my favourite now. Tianyu is still stuck with Call of Duty: United Offensive. He gets killed two times more than what normal people would. So is with his number of saves and rate of ammo expenditure.

Anyways I tried to save money on my modelling and this shopping spree I'm yet to calculate how much i spent.


Awww.. how cute. Just so happens I named it Donald. It behaves like the real person too. I mean, which cat would just fall of the table and flat unto the floor while sleeping?

Anyways...

I read up somewhere that these alcohols can be used as a solvent for Tamiya paints and oil paints (for washes). I'm yet to try though. Price:$9.50


These are parsley (I think. Or maybe it's called garnishes). Mr. Francis showed me one day a package of what seemed to be like shredded styrofoam in an A4 paper sized bag. He said it's what modellers use for as grass in their dioramas. Being the arrogant person I am, I didnt take into consideration to what he just said and bluntly remarked,"It looks like shredded styrofoam"

He chuckled (like Ruth) but i know that deep inside he cant wait for me to leave the shop.

These garnishes/parsley/grass i found are much more convincing to look at. I saw diorama grasses and leaves sold in huge twelve-inches-tall containers going for twenty dollars by Woodlands Scenics (A reputable modelling company) and these things i bought look almost similar. Cheaper? Maybe not. I'd have to compare these two again.


Dill Weed, which looks like grass.


Marjoram Leaves, which look like... well... leaves.

Total Price:$6

So maybe i didnt save much money or any money at all. I've learnt my lesson. Next time I'll ask my parents for the income.

On the way home, I stopped by at this little hill in the neighbourhood. I saw some trees that look like pine and thought maybe i'd take some samples of its leaves home. So there i was, in the heavy downpour, all alone on top of the hill breaking twigs off the tree.





If Manas The Nerd were to see this, he'd say,"What the hell?!?!"

In conjunction with my biology subject, I went to a dicotyledon plant and plucked out a twig from it.



I'll study the network of veins and the leave stalk and all those little details that i cant really comprehend (being that it's a plant) like spongy mesophyll layer or cuticle or epidermis and stuff. Guard cells and stomata.... too small for me to understand.

Till then, here's Donald saying,"Haben Sie einen Guten Tag!"







Posted by Audi Labels: