Friday, October 22, 2004 |  
In liew with the upcoming project "The Winter War", I needed materials and pointers on building barbed wires in 1/35 scale.

I found a relevant article on armorama.com and promptly, I listed down the materials i needed.

Today, after a trim at the barbers, I bought myself a coil of wire for fifty cents and another coil of brass wire for free. The brass wire was given by the father of a friend of mine. His father owns a hardware store, a rather big one in fact - two storeys high and two shop units big. Many of my modelling items came from there.

I followed the article rather closely, except for the wires: the article stated to use a size thirty-five gauge wire but i couldnt find any. The results?




Notice the size of that barbed wire! Totally out of proportions and practically useless in this scale.


I improvised and instead of using one type of metal wire in making barbed wires, I used the brass wire for the spikes. Now the barbed wire was lookin more life-like. However I'm still not satisfied in relation to the scale proportions.

I'll have to further improvise this method.

Till then, have a nice day!
Posted by Audi Labels: