2cm Flakvierling





I just woke up....

This Flak cannon was made last year when i first met Mr. Francis. Obviously you can see my novice-ness or my beginner-ness or my green-ness in this model. No, those scratches on the white paint is not accidental. Its supposed to potray a worn winter whitewash. Anyways i have little hairs growing out of my barrels - results for not covering protecting my models from dust. Wonder how the Germans would react seeing hairs on their AA barrels.

"Kuhn, was ist das??"
"Ich weis nicht.....Ist dieses Haar?"

A6M5C Zero Fighter

Some of you may not know this, but Mitsubishi, yes, that fridge-making company, built one of the most feared planes in World War Two; the Zero fighter.

Channel 5 just screened the Pearl Harbor movie (although they cut out some parts.) and i had a great time, as a modeller, to observe the details they had on the Zero fighters in the movie. Splendid work.

And their B-17 FLying Fortresses had beautiful umm... skins... surface details and so forth.



A restored zero fighter. One of the reasons why I think that restored World War Two vehicles or anything for that matter is still a very poor rendition of what the original vehicle looked like is because, well, they're kept all nice and clean. That Zero is also an inaccurate model too. Zeros didnt have that much shine on their planes. The Pacific environment caused the paint to have a rather eggshell-like finish.



Anyways here is my model of the Zero fighter. It was my first attempt to paint aircrafts. I had the biggest headache and heartache of my life - it's ugly. And these pictures were taken half-heartedly because i was really upset with the way the paintjob turned out.









Lousy stuff. But hey, I love the shape of the Zero and after O levels, I'm gonna buy another one!
Posted by Audi