Thursday, August 16, 2007 |  
Kwang Wei wrote a rather flattering post recently - clicky here!

Sometimes I fear that we start to think we're wiser than others our age. That would be a big mistake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With the grace of god, it seems like my time with Uncle Jimmy has been paying off. He has been getting a lot of work from Singapore and now KL, after he opened up a new branch there.

More fun for me, really. This 21st to 23rd August I'll be in KL with Singwei doing a commercial with Biscuit Films. I'm still a bit hazy on the details but there'll be a crashing-through-glass stunt and helicopter stunt as well on that day. Some Czech guys will be there as well.

But more importantly, it seems like others around me have been blessed with paid work from Uncle Jimmy as well.

Kai Xiang has had the honour to enter the CISCO Armoury and photograph all 30 of Uncle Jimmy's weapons. He's intending to use this as a catalog of his weapons now that everyone in KL is asking what he has. Kai Xiang's working his ass off editing the photos now but rest assured a handsome reward is in place.

Next coming sunday, the 26th, Singwei, Kang Sheng, Henry and I would be going over to Mediacorp to help rig up a wire stunt for Vasantham Central. They have a variety show coming up and we gotta hoist some fella onto the stage.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm less concerned of the token of appreciation in store for us than the fact that Henry would be there with Uncle Jimmy and me. Henry returned from China last Monday and we're still trying to get the ball rolling like good old friends. I miss him.

As for The Stunt Production, I dont know.. it seems like I've turned into a secretary of sorts - sending emails to clients, scanning photos, securing stuntboys and fixing Uncle Jimmy's computer.

Sometimes we discuss on developments for the business and he does come up with pretty neat ideas. I only fear that once he gets his big break in KL, he'll have too many jobs to handle. Already he seems to be working his ass off everyday... and as usual I'm there to settle the paperwork.

The other day Leonard was, in a way, showing off his awards from Australia and some other fucked up country. It's plenty of awards on such a few numbers of films. He showed us Yen Ooi's showreel and it was pretty neat. After class the smokers went out to gather infront of school. Then i noticed that they all had something on their minds.

One went, "How sia.. I dont even have a showreel..."

The other went, "Knn he win so many awards but even so where is he now? Only a lecturer..."

Then another laid the 'duh' remark, "I believe this industry is not easy to survive in. I should find something else to do now."

Then, today, at Hendon Camp on the set of "In Hot Pursuit", Uncle Jimmy suddenly said, "Audi, right now, you already have a showreel, and by the time you finish NS and come out into the working world, you'll already have a job."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Currently, I think my life has been floating on a bed of roses. I can only hope the day the winds start blowing that I can still stay high and dry.