Thursday, September 15, 2005 |  
a few years ago, as i lay down in my chair, dreaming the day off while the teacher was droning on about... things..... i had this... some sort of... image... or scene... or sequence.. in my head. I looked forward to the day i can say,"There has never been a time that i can remember of me not thinking about the guys." and really mean it.

I guess this is the day then.

My hard disks are an archive of Ye Ol' Friend's teenage life.... most 200GB of them.

I found a compilation of the videos I, and some others, took of them during the span of.. what.. three and a half years. It was shown to almost the entire North View Air Unit during our batch's ORD cermenony.
Its really a three-part video. Ive posted up the middle part of the video here, now, for all to see. This vidoe was taken entirely with my old, trusty handycam, a Sony DCR-PC5E (bet you didnt care abt tht...).

As you can see... i am very fond and proud of these people (exclude the you-know-which race you see on the video. It was there so that i wont be deemed biased.). I am also very proud to say that i have over 50 tapes of my entire secondary school days... whihc accounts to about 60 hrs total. I will be keeping all these tapes, in a safe, soon, once i get one, free from the elements and inconsiderate intentions. I treat the tapes like a time capsule.

In fact, i think that i am so nostalgic to the extent that i keep MANY time capsules. Shaun was helping me pack up my things in my room a few days ago and he gave me the most shocked stare anyone could when i started brining out my secondary one textbooks, worksheets, items into the boxes to bring over to johor. Not forgetting those form Lodge and the diaries (i found sth new abt myself.... ive been writing diaries for a very long time... this blog is a diary as well, mind you). He also saw my Doraemon comics collection ( 50 books.... I'm a fan.) and the comics i drew when i was... when i was younger. And just a few minutes ago, i found my Doraemon drawing did when i was in kindy.

I unpacked my cupboard as well today... clothes... clothes.. TONS of them. But if anyone were to look through my clothes.. they would most probably be amazed to find that of maybe a hundred pieces of clothing apparel.... eighty or more of them are/is faded, dusty, torn, too small, unworn. Why? reason is that i keep my clothes. I have clothes i wore from 1996 and beyond brought back from holiday inn (no space to keep things there too.. so somethings came to singapore.)

Anyways back to the guys.

There has never been a time that i can remember of me not thinking about the guys. Literally.

No matter how much fun, success, and luck i experience in my school activities, personal projects... i dont think i have ever completely froget about them. Sometimes i'm doing a project, as a cameraman... and while the shooting is going on and the camera is rolling... i'll be behind the camera.. asking questions like,"I wonder what Henry will think about this story." or maybe " What would Aik say if he saw that girl?" or sometimes," Gawd... that guy sounds so like Hasrul..." and the classic, "Techno... trance... Jason..."

I think i still... pretty much.. revolve my life around them. Well.. what can i say? I'm too dependant on people.... no matter however others might perceive me to be.

In general, however, i think that secondary school life always has a big impact on us and those that go through it. I can only reason this to the fact that many of us are growing up and shaping ourselves to the people around us at the age range of 13 to 17. Our hormones then tend to amplify emotions to a very large extent that we model and conclude to decisions ourselves to some experiences which we might deem silly once we reflect on them in our coming years. i think North View lacked in teaching its students this aspect of life. They expect us... to transform suddenly into "thinking, responsible adults" from.. what... a primary school kid? I just think that it is a very large error made by its management, its teachers, its board of directors and the school itself, i must say, to not give much emphasis on this issue to its students.

Enjoy the video.

*My condemnation posts are itching to be published...... soon.... beware...
Posted by Audi