I have been criticised and given looks at many times by many people whenever i say that i adore "ah bengs" (or rather.. after Shaun pointed it out to me recently, teenage chinese gangsters).

Ive said it many times and i'll say it again. I ADORE/LIKE/ADMIRE/SUPPORT them!

they are, i should say, one of the most loyal group of people in this country, including adults. Many of them understand camaraderie, friendship, filial piety and most importantly, LIFE; something that many of the so-called top students in schools dont even understand or even BOTHER to think about. It seems to me that quite a few of those so called smart ones have a very lousy attitude i.e. Selfishness on many aspects i.e. social responsibility and tactfullness.

Whenever i look at these teenage chinese gangsters on the train or bus or wherever, my tendencies are to reel myself in and stay low-profile. Not because i'm terrified by them (intimidated, maybe... cos i dont think that that JC top student opposite me would even give a damn if a glass were to maim me at that point of time.) but much rather that it is VERY DIFFICULT to split such a group. (All day long everyday i read about this person "backstabbing" (there's this word called GOSSIPING. Use it.) the other and the "victim" whines and whines about hwo much she treasures their frenship..... BORING. Friendship is taken so lightly these days.)

note that i'm speaking of REAL teenage chinese gangsters. I'm not talkin about those guys who are just so... fake.

I spoke to a real gangster one afternoon for quite a while (some of us noe... one i always speak highly of..) and he paused..... and said, in a mix of hokkien, english and mandarin, something like," There are many fakes out there that add to the misconceptions of us (chinese) gangsters. Real gangsters will never break up. Everytime my gang starts beating up a member of the other group, his groupmates start to run away. Rarely do we get one where everyone stays behind and fights together."

I was in a rather mild/low-level gang/group in Lodge... yes we did some extortions and such. I wasnt holding such a high "rank".... just someone who often had everything they need. And i must say that no matter how much we would tease each other... curse each other.. whenever one of us gets in trouble (like for example... me breaking windows.... Well it was fun...)... MOST (some werent loyal) of us would cover eac other. (but then again... i didnt like all these covering up here and there so i just admitted myself... was supposed to pay for the window... and also RM500 for throwing pebbles at a teacher's Proton Wira.... but didnt happen.)

Loyalty is almost non-existent a lot of those we consider as successful. i detest these kinds of people. Many of time i hear about that boy who scores all As for his exams and his father is a doctor and such and whenever i am asked to follow their example, i shut off completely because sometimes... these people i'm being compared to are people i know and they have that irritating selfish attitude and untactful mentality. They mock their own school and long for the day they can be free from "hell". They mock the teachers that, at least, TRIED to teach them. They do not care how their other classmates are faring... they do not care what about what the principal is saying.. they do not care what ANYBODY tells them if it is against their own selfish attitude. Many of such type of people litter our schools and instituitions. Dont get me started on how these peple think of friendship; material.

Another thing i noticed was that RARELY does any of these teenage chinese gangsters FREQUENT ORCHARD ROAD or the CITY. Toa Payoh, i know, is their hotspot... so is Ang Mo Kio.... The eastern towns of Singapore and yes... YISHUN.

I cant describe much in words on what i feel for these gangsters. They are just so powerful and... crticise all you want... they are VERY CUNNING. not to mention higher tolerance level to matters than many of us here. (how many gangsters you know committed suicide? and how many of those "better-off" students commit suicide?)

And i think they complain and whine less than those who have money to buy phones, branded goods, shoes, gadgets, "orchard road clothings" and such. And dont make me start comparing on those who just revolve their entire life activities on getting that Canadian citizenship or American name or titles for themselves.

Just to be balanced... i shoudl say that these gangsters should attend school more often and not skip it. Reason is because..... schools like you-know need people like them to "beat it to shape" and eradicate all nuisance of FAKE gangster wannabes who put tattoos in the middle of their two eyebrows and knuckles plus those with unkempt hair. I await the day when i see teenage chinese gangsters run all of these fakes down. No more skater wannabes... no more guitarist wannabes..... no more smoker wannabes... no more "coolio" wannabes... no more "-muh" wannabes...NO MORE FAKES.

Maybe i should start taking pictures of "Bengs"

*Yes i do like SYLVESTER SIM. .... and mind you, in my opinion, he's not BENG.

p.s. I am NOT a so-called beng. I dont have a gang. I cant fight. I cant tolerate much. I cant hold my balls in place better than the next guy. Therefore, you out there, are not in any position to say that i am "protecting my own kind". PLUS.... i tried to base my opinions, UNBIASED and UN-RACIST. I tried.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Audi