Tuesday, September 13, 2005 |  
I just had dinner with Tianyu just now at LJS... exam's coming for him, Donald and practically everyone..... i'm just about to feel guilty for having a holiday so quickly.....

I received NVP1's first draft script and Tharik's gangster story synopsis when i got home (comp was left on).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai ting wrote NVP1's script... since Jason left for OBS and didnt mangae to pass her the script. I read through her script... and i am truly impressed by the way the story went. though some parts of the script was, should i say, draggy and chatty, the other scenes were propelling the story forward in quick, meaningful successions. i liked the ending a lot. A romance story... ah.. yes... just my forté...
i still have to bring her and Jason down together one day to discuss the script firther, make ammendments, search for locations and talents and such. I really loved the script. Really. (though there were some format issues but we can look past that, can we?)

NVP1 is behind schedule now by a mile. A mile of postponements, courses, problems and such. The school originally intended the shooting t be completed by LAST WEEK... whihc means the video shouldve been done THIS WEEK. But so it goes... the team.. practiacally all the boys.... are in the NCC.... and courses are aplenty. More than half the team left for Pulau Ubin yesterday. Curreently im keeping in youch with Hai Ting regarding paperwork. And Sheryl... oh dear... i keep delaying printing her documents until i think she's bored with me already. Nevertheless... ive already gotten new printer ink.. im gonna print it out NOW..... and pass it to her tomorrow... during recess~~~~ surprise!!!

Sam cant wait for a check-up at the Canon store. I think it needs it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tharik's gangster story is... i should say... fickled. I just called him to discuss with him what needs to be thought of for a story. I think he, himself... doesnt know the beginning, midle and end of the story. But then again... i read through hios synopsis a few times and i can sense he's trying to do a type of scene.... which i also enjoy shooting... he wants to do a fighting scene between two groups of people. It's in an alleyway, though. And i do not want to go through the hassle if informing the police that we will be shooting a fighting scene. i think i shuld tell him to make it indoors. We'll be meetingeach other this weekend to talk things out.

Once the script is done, he will be sourcing for talents; people to play the characters. Naturally... he and i want the guys. ill be calling them all soon (maybe tomorrow) on this upcoming short video produced by THARIK NEZAR son of AKBAR (khalid and akbar are friends. :) ). We really hope the guys would share our enthusiasm.

And orgasm, if they really want to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be shooting some videos of Yishun soon as well..... once i get more tapes. Will be exploring parts of my (and many others') heartland in a way never seen before by the normal human eye.
Then ill be off to hmm... let's see.... North View, maybe... then Raffles Place.... and other heartlands...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting very.... annoyed... at how the general public sees the video camera... or MY video camera, to be more precise.

many of times i get caught by the police, residents, shopowners and cars (they do honk at me while i video record).

Im not sure.. is it the size of my camera or what? I never had these kinds or problems when shooting videos INSIDE shops or IN SHOPPING CENTRES with my old Handycam.

It does get on my nerves; one day im walking.. i see a very nice view.. i start shooting and suddenly the entire shot is spoiled because a security gaurd walks by in the frame, looking sternly at the camera.

And the police aren't very nice either. One time, i was holding my camera, doing some avant-garde recording, a police car truns from a corner... passes me... and SCREECHES to a halt. Some Malay policeman stick his ugly face out of the window and... naturally.. ... assumes his postion by calling me,"BOY".

I turned back.. took out my wallet... gave him my IC.

"I am a student of Ngee Ann Polytechnic. This is my camera, i did not steal it. I am shooting videos for my own keepsake. I dont think i am breaking any laws by shooting on the street."

He looks at me, takes my ic.. looks at it.. doesnt write anything.. passes it back and closes the window... blabbering from inside the car.

It irritates me a lot..... so much that this weekend, im going down to Beach Road to get a short or vest, rather, made which will read,

"I AM A VIDEOGRAPHER. I KNOW MY RESPONSIBILITIES. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE MY OCCUPATION AS SUCH. THANK YOU."

Then i'm gonna put at a little corner, small but big enough to able to be read,"305 Studios Productions."

and if there's still space, i'll write the whole thing out again in CHINESE.

I hope this plan would at leat, minimize the encounters with people who love spoiling shots (and the art, for that matter) whenever i have my vest on.

If it doesnt, then i wonder if the people here know what "ACKNOWLEDGE" means.
Posted by Audi Labels: