Monday, March 09, 2009 |  
Ben called me last week to help him out with taking pictures for his store. Between our usual CAPSLOCK SHOUTING MATCH at each other, he briefed me on what he wanted for the shoot.

It was going to pretty simple and I wanted to do it because I've never done this before. Besides, it's Ben. Need there be another reason?

Armed with nothing but a six-meter-long piece of cloth and my camera, we shot in the confines of a wall and a pleasantly brightly lit room. We were lucky this time.

I think the shots came out better than I expected.

Photobucket
One of the first few shots of the shoot.

I shot, in total, of 168 pictures. Ben had two bags of clothes and the model went through the whole thing. We did everything in about two hours or so. By the time we were done, it was midnight... on a freaking Thursday! I have camp the next day!

For the record, I did get to camp on time.

Photobucket
Red, grey, and white. I like this palette.

I stayed over at his place that night. I felt like a king, really. And I greatly appreciate the gesture. Indeed, I felt embarrassed at the great hospitality the household showed me. Thanks, Ben!

Photobucket
Daddy is charming. Mine isn't.

These are only those I got a hand to edit back at my own desk over the weekend. Head over to The Typical Store to see other shots. It's awkward, I know, and so not me, but I found a few of the jackets pretty interesting.

I think I might want to explore portrait photography even more!