Thursday, January 15, 2009 |  
I've added a new poll. It's over at the Nuffnang Ad on my sidebar to the right. I'd love it if you could give me some feedback. Vote away!

Quite a strange weather this week.

It's been really sunny and I have my shades on as usual. On top of that, I'd hide in the shadows, out of the sun. What was unusual this time was the wind.

Photobucket
Sunset over Seletar.

The trees were combed back by the persistent wind. The palm trees barely made it through the gusts of freezing air, which, again, was weird. I radio-ed back a few times,"Guardrooooom..... it's raaaaiiiinnniiinggg...." only to have the dark clouds pass by, sunny again. It finally drizzled a few hours later but was equivalent to the skies shaking off after a piss at the urinal. I found the raindrops stinging, though. It was icy cold.

It seems that the sun doesn't set on time anymore. Normally, it'd be dark by seven, but this time, seven was the new six-thirty. It finally gets dark at seven-forty now.

But after all this wacky combination of bright sunlight and cool air (and a new aircon in the guardroom), it's the perfect set-up for a good morning nap. I slept like a baby today after my morning shift, skipping lunch to complete a four-hour nap. I even had time for a dream!

Going over to Hooters tomorrow after work with the RP guys. I don't know what to expect.