Wednesday, July 25, 2007 |  
A bit of an update:
I just got debarred from Documentary Production module for attendance reasons (late and absent without MC). I wrote back and appeal, as encouraged (yea why not), and we'll see where it goes. I dont really bother because if i do get debarred the most i'll have to do is return next semester to finish off the module. Good thing is that next semester i do not have to come back to school because of IBP. I feel sorry for Mc Turk because AFP and Dircam and other modules overshadows his thus explaining the colorful standards of projects he's been receiving.

I did a check around and found out i have, so far, received four Fs this semester for assignments on different modules. Was kind of a shock but cant do anything about it now... learn and move on.



I have a short one-minute film to direct next sunday August the 5th. I'm pretty hyped about this project since it's a commercial for Adidas and we're receiving sponsorship from them though only apparels.

This time i liased with Jimmy Low since I once asked him why not direct a short action film. He seems pretty excited since I gave him some interesting things to do.

The story is simple - Two poor guys looking at a shoe when a snatch thief steals a handbag from a women. They chase the fella, catch him, then a fight starts. Naturally the good guy wins when he's passed the Adidas shoe giving him super powers. Then of course, a comdeic punch line.

I'm using Stephen Chow's movies like Kungfu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer as a reference to instill some comedy in it. The film's only one minute anyways.

So i came up to Uncle Jimmy and asked him,"Uncle Jimmy... can your stuntboys fight?"

"Can."

"Can you do wire stunts for me?"

"Can. No problem."

"Can you make the guy run up the wall, do mid-air kick combos and throw the fella around?"

"Also can."

"Okay, Uncle Jimmy, i want the good guy to kick the thief.. a high kick... then the fella flies across the corridor, through a set of flourescent tubes, then off the 2nd floor railing and onto the 1st storey's floor. Can?"

He looks at me for a while then says...

".... Can do wan la dont worry."

At the same time i asked Uncle Jimmy if I could have a sequence of sparks as well and he agreed.

Then i asked the most important question. I knew this kind of effects would run me into a couple thousands.

"So how much would all these cost?"

"Dont worry la. Plus minus i give you one thousand can already."

Score!

I'm currently planning shots with Uncle Jimmy and went to a few locations around Balestier and Sembawang. We needed a shopping centre or an arcade.

My DOP is Hanna (zzz). I brought Tharik and Viky in as well so that they can learn something from Uncle Jimmy instead of going around looking at the sky.

I find that I'm having a hard time getting a crew. Probably because of me or probably because of the AFP1 blunder. Or maybe i'm putting more on my plate than i can eat. Maybe. And most probably. But of course, some seem to be interested on what I'm gonna blow up next. 

I can only hope Uncle Jimmy can whack me to shape during pre-production.
Sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong or what the hell am I doing in this course.

Daryl, on the other hand, has a made a name for himself and people are having high hopes on him.

I know I do.
Posted by Audi Labels: ,