Thursday, July 12, 2007 |  
I didnt update on anything about AFP 2 this whole time. Probably becaue i was so caught up with the work involved in it. I think i like this project a lot.

Today is thursday, the first day of our four-day shoot. I'm going off soon.

Officially i'm just a gaffer; setting up lights, fixing equipment and doing all the technical stuff. I'm not complaining because I feel more macho doing these types of jobs.

As i was reading through the AFP 2 script that Sulaimi the director wrote, Do'A (prayer),  i spotted one fight scene in it - one guy bashed up by 4 other guys.

So i came in and immedietely said, "Ey... I can do the blood for you."

Yesterday at Whampoa I showed Uncle Jimmy my blood and he said," Mm. Can. Just add in more colouring."

At the same time i managed to pull strings with Uncle Jimmy and he supplied our group an entire body padding kit for free. This means we can throw people across the wall and really pummel him to death - for the camera, of course.

At the same time Uncle Jimmy threw in four prop wooden sticks so now we have weapons on set.

I then asked Sulaimi if i could direct this short scene.

Sulaimi says, "Yes! Please! I need help anyways."

And now i shall leave for the shoot. See you in four days.

And Kang Sheng and Kwang Wei and our sweet little Daryl... see you this Saturday.
Posted by Audi