Monday, June 25, 2007 |  
EDIT: Added in another picture. Edited out significant reference to the identity of the lady I fancy after discovering how closely related she is to the people I know and I dont want my ass kicked.
------------

I went around with Jimmy again yesterday (Sunday). His call time was 7:30am and i reached 5 minutes late. I remember him to be very strict with time and told me "If 730 you're not there i cabut (escape) already."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When i came to his Ang Mo Kio home he wasnt anywhere. I called.

ring ring...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Audi ar.. i'm in the toilet..."

lmao. But then when he saw me the first thing he did was shake his head and walked across me. :(

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

---------------

Yesterday's shoot was for a commercial and is funded by Dale Carnegie Singapore. That organisation specializing in public speaking and so on. I have a few of their books and have read them over and over again. Pretty cool stuff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The production house incharge was Rushes (Ken Lim's company)and I met a few of my FSV batchmates there. It's funny cause I'm always hearing and seeing only people from the other cohort going out for real production shoots. My cohort... not so much.

They were shooting in the Supreme Court. Yea. Heard that they paid SGD2.5k to rent the place for three days. Cheap, I tells ya. Period.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jimmy was there to supply them with a shotgun and I was told by Jimmy to be in charge of taking care of the weapon and carrying it around.

"If anybody but the director and actor touch the weapon, remember to fuck them." Jimmy says.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jimmy brought a Mossberg and a Remington shotgun yesterday. The one in picture is the Remington 12-gauge shotty. The crew decided on the shorter black Mossberg since their bank robbery scene called for it.

In school people love to tease me as the ball-licking-cock-pounding-dog of Jimmy Low. Though they could phrase it nicer I admit that on set with him, I'm a dog. But one fucking happy dog.

You could say Jimmy is "using" me because I dont get paid and I'm doing saikang work. But fuck you... what I see when i come on set with him is enough for anyone to say that i should pay him instead.

Everywhere Jimmy goes I'll be/have-to-be behind him following. There were a few times he motioned me to follow him and I did. Then I followed. Turned out he was going to the toilet. So I stood outside waiting. He comes out, I follow. Everyone on set sees this. Everyone on set gives me the oh-so-sorry eye. But fuck that.

It's normal for him to lecture me. For this shoot where all he needed to do was supply weapons and not direct anything we had a lot of time together inside the Supreme Court. He'll always lecture me on everything under the sun and giving me advices.. though for some people eavesdropping on us would think I'm actually getting a scolding. He'll teach me things that the school of FMS cannot teach. Practical things. He doesnt like it when people talk about stuff they've only read in books. I know how that feels like. My class is half-full of those bullshit students.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rushes were shooting on the SRII 16mm Film camera which is the same as what we used in school jsut that they had some extra gadgets. Among some of the extra stuff i saw is a video assist. I saw them plug the video assist to a small monitor on the camera. Then another wirer ran to a tv monitor sitting on a movable tray some 10 metres away. Then attached to that is one of those little gadgets u can buy cheaply at IT fairs that plays MP4 clips and has a video-in jack. Basically the whole team can watch what is being filmed. But then i was thought by one of our lecturers never to use a video assist in school and to trust our DOP or cam-op or sth along those lines.

So I spoke to Jimmy about it and he fucking yelled,"NONSENSE." His reasoning was that as a director you should know what shots you're getting. Obviously that was a highly summarized version of what he said. Then he asked the camera assistant on set if they ever shot anything on film without a video assist. The experienced fella said no.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didnt know what to think so Jimmy asked me to find my lecturers and ask them (politely) to show all of us an example on how to shoot a scene. Which means they write the scene, plan the shots, do the budgeting etc etc jsut like how we do it and then shoot like how they advice us to. And if they say they dont have the money to shoot anything then we, the students, should give them the money.

I laughed my ass off.

"All these fuckers only know how to get a fucking a book and teach what they read. Everybody can read a book and be very clever in theory. But when they come for practical they will fucking die."

p.s. When i quote him, it's not exact but only along those lines.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We were there for 12 hours. There was this girl called (BLEEP for security reasons) and I was checking her out. Jimmy noticed (he notices everything i do. Even me crushing my cig box after i took the last stick. And i was standing 12 metres away and he was talkign to someone.) and nudged me to go for it.

Then he gave me the best advice. Ever.
"Now you're still young... I encourage you to fuck around. But fuck smartly. Dont get the girl pregnant. Dont be stupid."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Of course, I couldnt care less at that time to court the girl because i'm on set and I have a strict policy of no.relationships.on.set. Well Jimmy couldnt care less and managed to talk to her a bit and came back to me telling me this this this and that that that about her. Turns out she's also in FSV, just a year my senior. Interesting.

Well... I'd love to hit her all over the floor. She has a (BLEEP - for security reasons)!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jimmy got bored int he afternoon so we went down to the streets to smoke. A few weeks ago I sms-ed him if he knew any Kung Fu masters in Singapore. He told me he'll talk to me the next time i meet him. The next time i met him and he raised that question again he started laughing to himself.

"Do you know who the f**k I am?"

Turns out Jimmy is a master in the White Crane style of Kung Fu. Makes sense since his father ran a martial arts school in Malaysia and he has been learning since three years old. He started teaching others at the age of seven. With Jimmy's track record in gymnastics, diving, stunts and very crazy stunts... I have nothing to say.

I asked him one simple question at the Supreme Court.

"Do you know the Drunken Fist style?"

He got up. And got into the drunken fist stance.

"Now you punch me."

I think i'm smart enough not to.

"Nevermind! You come slow, I come slow also. I wont hurt you."

I've got that a lot of times from all my previous martial arts masters. And all the time i walk out regretting.

"PUNCH LA!"

I swung one. All i could remember feeling was two stone block hitting me forearm and chest... all in a split second. Slow was slow. Yes. His movement was slow like he said. But the power was aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After that, we spent quite a lot of time talkign about Kung Fu and how he trained when he was younger. I dont wanna say... cos I'm very stingy with martial arts. But after that Jimmy showed me another example. This time he challenged me to make a move and he could stop it before i could do anything.

It turned out flawlessly. Before I could even transfer my body movement into something normal people can see he already stopped me with a quick jab with his fingers. He knew where i was THINKING of moving - I wanna swing my right arm he stabs me at the right shoulder socket in an instant. And so on.

So that's my first Kung Fu lesson. Sure was a shock.

A few hours later I spotted Jimmy sitting on the parapet of the Supreme Court.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After a while he lifted his leg and rest them on the parapet, outstretched and over each other and then went on to drink a cup of water.

If he falls down, I die. The film industry will be damaged. And i wont have anything to look forward to. So i gathered my courage, walked to him.. and said....

"Jimmy.. err.. you not scared ar?"

"Nevermind la."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another shoot is coming up this wednesday. Dont think i could make it though. But he told me there's this other shoot coming up and it requires an explosion.

"I want you to come with me and I'll show you how to handle a gas explosion."

Yippy-kay-yay, motherfucker.

Posted by Audi Labels: ,