Sunday, April 15, 2007 |  
These few days haven't really been good. My responsibilty in DW Group has gotten heavier. My IBP project, the final of all final films in school, has started and I've been appointed the un-glamourous role of writer AND art director. I gotta finish the script by the end of the month. Don (Aravind) and Hanna are starting to push me. I'm still a bit empty here in the centre of my chest after Henry left. Internet connection isnt up in his apartment yet so he could only transfer short emails during work.

On top of that....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

... these fuckers are pushing me. Right after i sent Sly's Xi Wang audio file to one guy in the comments section a whole troop comes in and demands them as well.
I'm caught on whether or not i should distribute them because Xi Wang is an original composition of Sly's and hasnt even been recorded professionally yet. I'd rather not.

btw go on over to Youtube and look for "Sylvester Sim". Oh my, the things i did while i was MIA.

---

A Channel 8 team came over to my place today for day one of their two-day filming for some morning kid's show.

Gotta say that the little girl is a sweet one, yea.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They came here cos they liked the concept of the house. I had to talk to lengths about the house to the lady crew members; where it came from, what inspired, who designed it (the family, btw) and the parquet flooring and why we have a fucking massage chair here. They liked my sister's postal bed (they used two shots in her room) and liked the entire Sarawak tiles thingy i had around the house.

Well... till they came to my room and saw my suspended bed and gaming station.

"Messy..."

That's all they could say.

But the little girl came into my room one time and stared. Then she walked in closer. I was at the door... looking at her... and she stepped in clsoer.... looking up at my suspending bed.

She turned around and had this smile with the braces twinkling so brightly. She saw me and gave a little giggle.

What... thinking of how it's gonna be like with me on that bed?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just for my sis.... since she let them use the room... this pic shows them in her room filming.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Was a very shot one... only two shots and in 15 minutes they were out.. compared to the 1pm-10pm they did at the living room.

In total they paid me SGD$200 for the two days shoot. A percentage is gonna go to my sis. A small percentage, to be honest. Only two shots ma wanna kpkb what?

I let them do what they wanna do. The cats never bothered them. I played Armed Assault on the computer (just finished palying btw... 12 hrs of fun) and smoked a few cigs while watching them do their stuff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I kinda lost interest in filmaking already... seeing how in school I'm being pressurized into this and that liek what story i should make.... basically doing something that our teachers like, shoved in silly modules.. dealing with favouritism and people with their heads too high in the sky.

Another thing i feel as if i'm being contained is the issue of money.

My most sincere desire in school currently is to make a film involving mud, guns, guys and lots of tears and sweat. But money is an issue because this could run into thousands. We're talking explosions and gunfire!

Thousands, to be honest, isnt alot (once u get in DW Group and this other something-i-cant-tell im doing with Henry) but my friends in school (and around Yishun) simply cannot accept the fact that they're spending thousands of their own money on something that has virtually nothing to return.

I'm ok with that point of view... so i gotta live with that.... carrying on making fucking chinese dramas and art films the layman doesnt, cannot, couldnt, dont want to understand.

I hate those roses-and-daisies type of films about butterflies and ballet-dancing men... I HATE.

But here's to hoping my dream film appears this semester. At least now after workign in DW i've learned alot from Mr. Lincoln about salesmanship and convincing another person. I salute him.

Really... 3 thousand really isnt a lot.

While the film crew was out doign their stuff i had some quiet time to myself in the room (since they certainly didnt want guns and bombs coming off in their audio track).

What else to do than to......

.... pcc? fuck u understand?

A few weeks ago i brought my guitar to Kuching with Tharik (surprise surprise?). I was playing it as usual.... ok maybe not playing... was manhandling it... practicing "Sweet Child of Mine"....

Then left it one corner and went out to buy some cigs at the store nearby the hotel.

When i came back... i saw the guitar at the corner of the room.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

.... piaaaannngggzzzz....

And all the fucker can do is laugh at my misfortune.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ya, you wait.

While waiting for the film crew to finish the shot i figured out how to fix a bloody guitar string.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If i knew it was so frigging easy I wouldnt have gone all over the world to look for someone to help me fix that damned fourth string! I spoiled lots of friendships along the way lol.

The film crew left at 10pm and i sat down doing all the usual administration work i always do before i go to bed (including blogging).

I started thinking about things.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well I'm hungry. Tomorrow i gotta go swim. Skipped today cos the crew came at 1130am.

EDIT: Cb i buay tahan already. I read this again. Has it really been one year?


Posted by Audi Labels: