Click for new post!

Photobucket

FSV, the course I took in poly, invited their alumni to Movida at St. James for a party to celebrate their 15th anniversary in existence on the 4th of December 2008.

I was there to attend. Wait, I didn't know I was in their alumni....

Photobucket
(Source:Leon Lee)

It was a nice party and adequately packed with people. I had to squeeze and shove around a bit to get around. There were plenty of well-known faces on the floor and up stage we had Alaric Tay hosting for us. There were some high-key people in the industry lol-ing about and I watched as current and former students interacted whether it was to relive memories or boast on the kind of projects they've been doing.

Photobucket

Sure, I would have loved to interact with more people, but Daryl and I were pretty pissed at the fact that we're in the Army and we can't do a thing about it. The girls from our batch were either in Chapman University at Ngee Ann or off overseas. I took up a little corner, and along with our other classmates that we met, had a seat. I saw Randall Tan standing in one corner of the smoking section though he wasn't smoking. I wonder if he remembers me. I acted with him once as a bit player.

I find that I don't really like talking about whatever jobs I've been doing. Maybe because my profession isn't what we would call... creative... or... artistic. Rather, I'm just muscle. I'm just a grunt. A friend was asking around what others were doing... camera assistant, editor, graphics artist, producing, and when it came to me, he changed his tone and asked,"Are you still with the stunt thing?"

Wait... the
' stunt thing '?

Photobucket

I'm going to say that this was just another particular case of a person with a condition known as assfacetitis. I'm sorry I don't wear a beret and a scarf prancing around and memorizing director's names. I'm sorry I don't share your love for the arts.

I still have some affection left to the men and women I've slaved with at 3am in the morning speeding down highways and filling up petrol. I've wanted to make a short film for the longest time. I've been talking to Jayden about it a couple of times, but I'm still looking at how we can make something beautiful out of what we have. The sponsors for the party gave us quite an interesting goodie bag and I bet there are some things that Jayden would like.

Photobucket

I left the place soon and Don, Deborah, Daryl and I (Three Ds, one A. I'm always the odd one out) continued our conversation till the wee hours of the morning at Vivo City's Mc Donald's. I went back to camp the next day and spent the majority of the day sleeping. I remember clearly what one of my RP mates asked me, "Audi... are you drunk?"

With free flow of red wine that night and a massive hangover the next day? I'd say I'm contented.

Posted by Audi Labels: ,