Sunday, December 07, 2008 |  
If you had actually gone out to look at the sky on the 1st of December you'd probably catch a phenomenon that happens every thirty years - The Smiley Moon.

I was first alerted of this phenomenon by our lovely button-mashing-mouse-clicking netizens over at Digg.

It appears different in countries with Melbourne, where this picture was taken, with a smiley face, and the Americans received the frowny face. On the critical height of the Thailand crisis over at the airports, the PAD demonstrators saw the smiley face. You would then think they take it that they're doing the correct thing. Well, no. You PAD guys were okay... but the grenade throwing and shooting... nah.

The two dots that make up the eyes are the planets Jupiter and Venus. I fucking kid you not.

I ran up Stellarium, a free planetarium software, and set the date to 1st Dec with the location at Singapore.

At exactly a couple of minutes before 8pm, Stellarium came up with this. Have a closer look here.

Who knew you could see planets with the naked eye? My sister was confused when I saw it on the 2nd of Dec when we were driving back home from camp. My father is another one and he sarcastically said, "Oh, so you're an astrologer now?"

I almost replied, "Yes, and I dabble with Satan himself. OoooOoooo."

I only saw this phenomenon on that night, and by then, the positions have been shifted and the great sky looked down on me with a crooked frown. Well fuck you!

It would have been all fine and dandy but my dad just had to push on his religious purity mentality into everything we ever speak about. And it sucks. It truly sucks. I'm fine if you pray to some imaginary baby up in the sky or to that squashed up lizard between the tables but Jesus Effing Christ could we not wedge it into every conversation? See, now that's why we don't get along well as a father and son. Cause you don't freaking care about whatever else I do, like how well I'm growing up, how I interact with people, or anything a normal father would do. No, all you bother is whether or not I speak the name of that god you adore so much like until I'm frothing at the mouth. When I was sick, you told me to pray. When I was down, pray, when I was tired, pray. When I'm out of cash, NO! Don't find work! Go and pray for more money!

What the fuckidy fuck, seriously? Then, dad, fuck the doctor, go pray and maybe one day you wont be having high blood pressure anymore! Throw away that witchcraft you call medicine!

My dad didn't bat an eye up in the sky (well, he was driving), and he said,"Look up upon the sky and marvel at the wonders of God."

Yeah, well look up and wonder at the marvels of astronomy, dumbass. It's an inherent problem, I find, that a lot of people will go into the holier-than-thou mode whenever they see something that they cannot explain. Instead of getting up and learning more about things they do not understand, they sit back and pat themselves on their backs with a nod, comfortable in their explanation that some big imaginary man is having fun moving moons and stars for us. Well, do something more worthwhile... like... cure AIDS.

Hidden post
Posted by Audi Labels: