Thursday, November 06, 2008 |  
Barrack Obama WON.

Period.

Photobucket

I'll remember this election till the very day I die. I've followed Obama's campaign since February and thanks a lot to Digg I was able to keep myself updated regularly and participated in discussions on forums. I can't really explain why, as a Singaporean, and an Asian, never stepped onto US soil before, would care so much for something that has no direct relation to myself whatsoever. Maybe I just find the whole thing as intellectually stimulating, or that maybe Mr. Obama seems to be a great person to know, or maybe that I once supported George W. Bush in the early years up till the Iraq war... till he got lost and the world crumbled from then on. I don't know.

I spent the day today flipping newspapers reading and re-reading articles on the election. On duty I changed the channel to 93.8FM to listen to updates as they were broadcasted. I didn't know when the results would be out, so there I was on my toes since 7am in the morning.

I got back from a blood donation drive in the late afternoon and turned the radio on again. And that's when I caught the good news. Change has happened, and the people got what they wanted. I'm thoroughly very happy, and I celebrated by punching my fists up in the air and shouting,"OBAMAAAA!!!" much to the wonder of my mates.

I've been through three different phases in my NS life so far - BMT, SISPEC, and now, as an RP at Stagmont Camp.

If BMT could be remembered for the Olympic Games and the Georgian War, and SISPEC could be marked by the Great Economic Crash, then I guess my posting to Stagmont Camp can be represented by, my first blood donation and, the historic win of Barry Obama.

I thank the people of America who made this possible, because I've been fearful of the way things are going and this new president definitely has more brains than the current monkey hiding behind a pile of horse crap. I sincerely felt all was lost, and that Americans were starting to lose the respect the world had of them, fast.

I admit that I developed the tendency to stereotype the common American as obese, sloppy, snobbish, uneducated, racist, ultra-conservative bible-thumpers. Though I know that, in reality, that's not case and probably represent only 26% of the country.

The music video by "Fuck Vigilante" speaks loudly of my feelings that I can't seem to put in words and I'd imagine it to represent what the other 74% of America thinks of G. W. Bush. The millennium has been delayed 8 years too long.



Enjoy, and once again, Thank You, America. Yes you did.
Posted by Audi Labels: