Monday, November 17, 2008 |  
I sent in my drive to Greenergy Pte. Ltd. over at Wintech Centre in Ubi Rd 1 for data recovery today. God help me it was raining and these Butterfly tobacco made me feel incredibly high after a smoke and a long walk.

I had the paperwork filled up at home so sending in the drive was less of a hassle. Just a photocopy of the document, a transfer of the drive to the mainland Chinese lady and I was off. All that after waiting for them to finish lunch?

Boy, was I happy, and devastated, when I received an email from Greenergy a couple of minutes ago.
It's confirmed and I've just had my first drive crash in my years (count them since 1992) of owning a computer. "Platter is badly damaged", they say.

The total cost of recovery?

Try a thousand and a half dollars.

Photobucket

Well, I guess there goes my Christmas plans. And plenty of begging for financial help. But when you're risking losing pictures since 2002 and a whole lot of torrent downloads... I think it's important enough.

Some big invisible man hates me.
Posted by Audi Labels: