Sunday, October 01, 2006 |  
I've had the opportunity, thanks to Ting, to be part of Dragonfly's soft launch yesterday night. I hooked up with some of the Sly fans along with uncle Larry and Sly’s sister as well.

Obviously photos come wherever i go. What else is new?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dragonfly's Sly's new workplace, so to say, for the next six month where he'll be performing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sly kicked off his first set of performance with Suo yi, An jing and ... another song.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He's screaming,"WHO WANTS MY BILLABONG SWEATER?!". Err can i raise my hand?

Situated right before the start of the Sentosa bridge former St. James powerstation will definitely call in a huge crowd. Just last night with only 2 rooms open and with limited access, the entire carpark was full and the so were the rooms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Those who hear shall believe; his vocal's have taken a great leap forward.

Err…. Btw anyone noe who’s that guitarist behind him? Looks like one of Sheryl’s My-Most-Likely-Boyfriends or something.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Second part of the performance had him singing a duet with another mando pop (did i mention Dragonfly is targeting the chinese market?) lady singer who, as Ting says,"Has a beautifully powerful voice."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"This is how i work out.... I dont think it's working..."

One particular song that caught my attention was "One Night in Beijing."

pretty much explains the outfit. 0.0
awesome song, btw.

Sly’s performance is just part of a whole big troupe or veteran mando-pop performers.
As they came up one by one Ting came along beside me with her little tube top and her fair smooth skin and shiny long black hair every now and then and told me who is this this this.

Out of 100 words she said to me, I could only hear 11; the 6-foot bass speakers were right above me. :(

i came home deaf.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A troop of belly dancers… and they sing Chinese!

Beware though…if blubbering fat dancers is not your idea of eroticism, refrain from watching!
Singer was hot though….

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mr. Andy Lau?
An awesome performer, right on Singapore soil!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another performer whom I don’t know… but her voice is one hell of a…… sibeh tok kong!

At the same time I saw a few of those Superstar/Star Idol participants going around with their dyed hair and stuff.

Then i thought i saw JJ Lin....

.... turned out it was the projector playing his music videos....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sitting through the performances I suddenly realized the guys who were seated right beside me were part of the troupe… well they did come on stage and play the instruments…

When Hype records terminated their deal with Sly… some thought that’s the end. Some thought, “Oooo Singapore idol… that’s just the way it is!”
But you and I know that Sly, along with all the other contestants… have moved on from Singapore idol and are doing what they are doing as professionals…


Montage of last night's performances. Just listen to the lady sing!

And I honestly do believe that Sly has found his place right here in Dragonfly.
I mean yeah… Xiang long… Dragon… Fly…. SlyNot bad what…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I liked the atmosphere of Dragonfly. It's cool, dark and entertaining. The crowd was definitely mature and i heard it's gonna be a bit bigger than MOS, with 9 rooms instead of 6.
I think this club would shoot far, IMO, what with Sentosa nearby and all.

My regards to Sly and well-wishes into his new venture.

Go Sly!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dragonfly officially opens this 6th of October.
Posted by Audi Labels: