Saturday, December 17, 2005 |  

15 December 2005

Less than a week left to the production stage.

I’m terribly anxious.

Up till now, I’ve threaded upon the heads of many indecisive, irresponsible fools.

What have I learned so far? Ah yes. Think twice when asking kids you know to join in your production.

There is the tendency of some people, which I know of as casual friends (as opposed to close friends), to make a fool out of the deal. They think that since there is a sense of familiarity between him and I, he could find it in himself to try and stick a boner up my ass an expect me to succumb to him. To give in to him. His demands. I believe that they know their own plans and schedules for trips and holidays and stuff more than anybody. Thus I see not why they still accept the offer. I thought holidays were planned weeks ahead?

I have, indeed, become very fussy over the details of this project. I expect every single sentence, every single letter, to be written out, shown, the way I want them to. I want a specific type of person for my main character. A specific action. Specific way of speech. I tend to make no compromises whatsoever, so far. I take advice from a selected few only; people who know what to do. Otherwise, I’m deaf.

I won’t be surprised to be called a “tyrant” on set.

But all the reason to be.

I see not anyone else who is taking any effort on perfecting a certain effect I’m tying to achieve for the shoot, though much discussion has been made over it.

I see not anyone else who is looking for locations. Or talents (except Jia Hui. He managed to get me my main character). Or even basic needs such as a schedule.

I see not anyone else engaging in an active discussion with authorities of the school.

Am I the only one, among other people who are somehow related to North View, which takes some bloody initiative in his position? Or are we all just a bunch of anti-social, “self-sufficient”, proud freeloaders?

And don’t get angry on me. There must be a reason why all three of the main characters ARE NOT from North View, right? Wouldn’t you think silly reason such as,” I’m afraid of girls”, which was, really, the excuse given to me by a 16-year-old kid, be something?

I believe I have done a lot of asking to be able to justify my opinions.

I feel so relieved, now that my friends from Ngee Ann have agreed on helping me out. At least, now, when I speak of mise-en-scene, at least 5 of my crew would understand.

Now I understand Justin when he said I was working with “kids”.

17 December 2005

Once more, the production is crumbling, on the cast side. Our to-be main character has pulled out again, the reason stemming for the lack of forethought or looking at his bloody schedule. This will be the last time I’m working with kids.

The cast list saw more empty slots today. Four roles left to fill up, out of maybe 15.

I knew I should’ve done this earlier; I called up the “Old Birds” of the unit and they are actually more than willing to perform. But of course, I drilled them with many “Have you checked your schedule?” questions.

Still, we have no main talent.

The rifle smoke effect has been perfected. Nothing more than a hose and syringe and a secret ingredient to complete the effect.

Monday will, hopefully, be the day everything related to discussions with Captain May, Mr. Yeo and Sir would be decided.

I feel so bad for having Sir fork out the entire budget of the production (600 bucks, and we’re over-running) so I’m all out to find sponsors for the project. I’m planning to raise another 300 dollars.

God bless.

And Merry Christmas.

*and I would like to publicly thank Jason Goh, the guy who saved my behind from a pack of blood-hungry mainland Chinese last year, for agreeing to be part of the crew.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Posted by Audi