Ladies and gentlemen~~!!!!

My first video project is due.

And i like to keep to one of my "commandments" and that is... if you're doing something for the first time, MAKE IT IMPRESSIVE.

Why? cmon.. we all know that first impressions (otherwise known as the primacy effect.. whoo hoo social psychology.) last much longer than subsequent impressions (recency effect).

So make the first one impressive, people will keep checking back on u even though ur subsequent attempts stink. But it wont last forever though so just keep tryin to do a good job on ur things...

ahem.

So this video is gonna be anarrative one. My Location Production (LOCPRO) teacher wants us to take shots of processes. His favourtie example seems to be the vending machine. Ya i noe.... mayb sound easy rite? Put in money, push button, drink appears. but no. It doesnt run that way in film.

The correct process would be; WALK to machine (long shot), Close up of person, take out money (detail shot), Counting money (facial expression), slot in money (detail shot), select drink (tilting shot), cut back to person, press button (detail shot), drink dispenses *ge-thunk* (anothe camera angle) and subsequent actions require seperate shots. till the person finishes drinking.

And this is not forgetting CONTINUITY in videos (basically making sure of things like light conditions are ths ame, the drink is on the same hand throughout, clothing is kept the same, position of rubbish on floor... all that.) and of course.... the proper procedure to film (which means, checking the camera, sound, lighting, slate, logging down the timing of the camera, and all that). Yeah the slate (that *kiap kiap* thingy... the one where ppl *kiap* then director says,"ACTION~~!!") is fun but after a while u get bored..... Then there's the reflector and all that.. ARRGHHH....

A one minute vidoe would take roughly 6 hours to finish shooting on average.

Anyways I've thought of my idea.... and yeah my team members (there's only three in a group. But mine feels like only two cos one of the two girls keeps slacking and sleeping.) have agreed to my idea.... a HORROR flick~! And that's my first horror flick too. So "ye ol' friends" of mine would be seeing sth new too. :) That is if i can smuggle out... no no no this is copyright infringement.

Anyways in a nut shell... we're gonna hve a cute little flimsy fragile pretty girl running up (or down) a loooooong flight of stairs. We're gonna portray her as "sth" is following her. Then she finds a safe haven somewhere.. peeks around.. here and there... Ju-on/The Eye style.... then this is where the proces thingy shows.... she finds a vending machine and decides to buy a drink (LOLZ~~!!! i noe i noe..... you're scared to heck, you've been running around a creepy place... then u find a vending machine and decide to have a drink. -.-). Otherwise i'll substitue it with a telephone then that'l make more sense.

And after the process thingy, from a long shot, we see that beside the vending machine there's something standing there. camera cuts.

of course i have other plans to *greatly* improve the visual and sound elements int he video (wow man.... it's like i have access to alot of things, especially people that understand the nature of this production and its process, that i wouldnt have if i were just filming a simple war video in a school field.

:)

I stil rmeeber that time i took my battle scene in school. The final product took TWO YEARS TO FINISH. no la jk. actually one was done in 2003, in a span of 2 days. I must add that i was genuinely surpised that all of ye ol' frieds appeared for the filming and worked with me for more than four hours. Yeah but after that some starts to sit down or change to their black singlets. The second day of filming i had lost half my talents (cast) and had to source my talents from elsewhere. One year later, I worked with my juniors.... this time i had not 8 talents, but TWENTY. They were a mixture from HAND PICKED NCC cadets ( jai cong's batch and aaron's batch) and extras from platoons i just grabbed while they were drilling. Wht's more... i had an audioperson too within them. He helped some bit in the audio. PLUS, i had Mam and Sir's gracious permission to use the NCC room as my editing suite. I am very lucky indeed.

The second take of the battle scene had more scripted events in them plus better image quality and cinematography (camera work and all that).

After all these, i had the two seperate shots combned and produced a video of acceptable quality which i sent it up to mam and sir to aprove for the CCA open House 2005. They rejected it. *&$^$%^%^$&~~!!!!

But still.... i sent this battle scene up to Ngee Ann during my interview and here i am.

Want the video? siple. Leave me ur email and'll send it to you via attachment.

Ok ok i went off topic here.

Hmm so my Narraive video project is coming up. I'll post up my progresses just like how i did with my models (which i find NOT MANY PEOPLE CARES ABOUT. KNN..... all some ppl want is LOVE rite??? pfft.)

And yes i'm the director/producer of this video.

I hereby name this video,"Run"

Plus i'm thinking of putting up a password for this blog. This will take effect this coming sunday 10 pm singapore time. I'll put the password up on my msn nick as,"PASSWORD: *****) .

:)

Till then, have a nice day.... and yeah im still chasing after that girl from latin dance. oo she's from accountancy~~~ smart arse.... and she doesnt know how singapore at night looks like. I'll try to show her.

BTW..... since i cant source my talent from my crew members (so this means i cant dress up like a girl), i have to find other people. So let me announce who i have in mind; CLARA CHAN of BLK 606~~!!!!
Posted by Audi