Tuesday, May 17, 2005 |  
Wow... i really cant believe the amount of responses i got just on the Type 97 Chi Ha! i posted this girl of mine on www.ww2modelmaker.com (Bench Top Forums) and in just a short period of time i had THREE responses coming in. And the next day i had TWO more! what's more, I had JAMES DUNCAN ( I see him often in the forums and read some of his articles too ) replying. But it wasnt so much as a "that's good" reply but more of a "that's good and i wanna help u get even better" reply!

GO ahead and click on http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=212524&messageid=1116175502 if u really wanan see it.

oh dear this is a bit too much for me to handle actually...

ok anyways remember these pictures?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
well yesterday i took some time off with Javis and we went down to City Hall at around 9:30pm and took this picture.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the EXACT same spot the cameraman stood ( actually.. he was about a few metres more to my left ) in 1942. That building with the dome is the Supreme Court. Beats me.. but the dome has changed colour from red rust to blue. oo i think i noe why... Oxidation~!! its made of copper!! heh heh.

Standing at that same spot was amazing (dun ask questions) ! that is the actual road the Japs had their tanks rolling on after the surrender. Those frames u see infront of the supreme court are for seats. I think they're gonna hold something there soon enough. Behind me when the picture was taken is a memorial dedicated to the victims of World War One and Two.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com This is the World War One section of the memorial. Sadly youths nowadays dont appreciate these kinda stuff anymore. That little boy on the left hand corner of the picture actually came with a teenage guy and they were skateboarding on the memorials. Grinding here and there making noises and he actually threw something that broke from his piece of wood onto the lower ends of the memorial.

Anyways as for the Type 97, I'm thinking of setting up a little base for it. Nothing big, just something to hold it on too. I'm planing another trip with Javis and this time we are going to Eunos to take a few pictures of a very very old house which belonged to my father's parents (both are gone now.. father's still around ). I'm not so sure if the house in Lorong Sarina was actually built during or after the war but anywho... it has that x-factor that pulls my heart strings. :) I've done so many models for many reasons (The country, friends, money ) but i've never done anything for myself. Maybe its time i did sth for myself eh?

ok ok enough talk.

Some of u might ask about my Leningrad diorama titled "Russia's Heroes" ( Originally named Stalingrad).... well.... two words... It died.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This dio.. which Henry and Vis were so eager to see it's completion, has been reduced to this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sad story.
What happened was i neglected giving attention to my cat ( I keep modeling till 5 or 6 am in the morning ) so it started getting restless and jumped all over the moon. Soon it ended up to my shelf and pushed this whole junk u see here....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

WHAM! landed on my computer monitor, over my modeling table all spilled all its contents. AARRGHHH!!!! It CRUSHED my Hetzer ( another model Vis was so eager to see completed ) and toppled over my Sherman tank. But somehow... God's will.... The Type 97 which also got hit right infront of me, only lost a wheel which i managed to fix back together and the Sherman somehow took cover and was saved from the majority of the blow. Nothing broke.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Hetzer didnt have a good time to say the least. The photo-etched machinegun shields broke off, the left rear fender broke off, Saukopf gun matlet and gun barrel along with the entire back hull section just got smashed out of place. Saddening really. Gave my cat a good whacking ( but i slept with it later ).

But hey! I finally got the Hetzer back together again (and all the king's men helped me. humpty dumpty la la la~~) and it's better than before! Running gear's all busted though. Now i need to buy aftermarket resin ones and new tracks for it. :(

Poly's starting in 7 days for me. Modeling will slow down a bit. :(

I leave with this announcement:
One Hetzer, coming right up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
oooo sprues..... now we're gonna transform this into art!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is soon to be art.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This will never be art.
Posted by Audi