Friday, October 10, 2008 |  
I sat up from my bug-infested bed and reached around for my phone. I was pretty much still wide-awake and I sent Jayden a text. It was more of a nod towards his direction about the whole issue of him thinking of getting out of course.

LBV name tag

I was stepping on puddles towards his company the next drizzling afternoon. My sergeant major was chasing for a tonner and I was there soaking wet in my long 4s after unloading a big part of the armskote into a tonner and handling the trainees as they perpetually gave that blur look. It was there that I saw someone familiar walk out of the company office. It was Jayden and we made eye contact. We communicated via hand signals and I got the message that he OOC-ed. I didn't see him again till just this morning when he had to rush for the chains that hindered my CSM's rover from moving off. There simply wasn't any time to sit around. Next thing I knew, I was in the front seat of the rover going over to Foxtrot, where I spotted Justin massaging his ankle in a dim corner of the parade square, and then met up with Kyle by chance at the smoking point. I kinda like this whole "MMORPG-esque" environment.

Kyle received his posting today, and Jayden has been transferred out to HQ... not sure how long.

I'm spending most of my time now reading the newspapers and sneaking the TV on to watch Channel News Asia... much to the groans and moans of my fellow OOCs. I'm very anxious about the current economic crisis. I'm anxious because I bombed all my savings just the other day on.. let's just say.. "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder". I'm also anxious because it might probably mean that all this money everyone's been saving will go to waste when tomorrow's hundred dollars could be worth today's one dollar. I'm anxious as well at the direction the US is going; government versus people. I'm living in a very interesting period of this decade but here I am sitting in the office, shut from the outside world and cringing at the yellowed breath of authority and government.

It's annoying when you have to sneak and peek every single time at the newspapers just to read the news. And I mean real news, not the sports section... or even the "Life!" section. But first-come-first-serve doesn't work here and I'll just have to wait for the next few hours only to have the newspaper thrown across my face to signify the "priority user" is done with it.

I haven't had an intelligent conversation for days until one evening, while I was letting my thumbs rest from a full day of loading magazines for the SAW machine gun, a commander came and expressed his bemusement of my atheist status. I spoke to him about it, and held my breath for that point in the conversation that would allow us to speak more freely, and deeper, on the subject. Never really came, though, and I didn't continue any further.

While other OOCs regaled in their new-found freedom and how great it was to "slack around", I wondered if we were on the same level. I hated sitting around and I hated being eyed at as if I were disabled. I wanted out... a post out. I did a lot of work simply to get the thoughts out of my head. I had a lot of ideas on my mind and the creative juices started flowing. But without access to a computer, a camera, nor a simple notepad to draw on, I resorted to staring at the blank wall. It's pretty much isolation... which in itself is torture.

I walked into the MO's office today and had a little chat with him. I walked out with an Attend C status on the grounds of slight depression. I needed the break, I guess.