Saturday, May 02, 2009 |  
I've had some serious time on Facebook. No, I haven't been taking all that annoying quizzes. Even if I did, they probably don't go along the lines of, "What colour are you?".

Yeah, like whether or not I'm the color Framberry really matters. Facebook is an amazing social platform. It'll be a waste to spend it on trivial matters like joining a Mafia Wars gang.

I've been given plenty of heads-up on issues from AWARE, The Pirate Bay verdict, Swine flu and the economic recession thanks to my friends on Facebook. I'm grateful for them, otherwise I wouldn't have a stand on the current AWARE issue now. For the record, I cut out the article on Straits Times that read, "Religion and Politics should not mix." I intend to frame it up and post it near my bed for all to see.

It's such a great time now and my mom has decided to bring out the religion-card again. I feel very strongly for my atheist position, and I do have my opinions on religion, but I'm also aware that I, and everyone else, have their constitutional rights, and that religion does not triumph over law. As an adult, I have my rights, and my beliefs, and it's only right that the people I live with respect it. If we can only get this right, only then can we function.

Even if I were to subscribe to religion, I follow the idea that religion is entirely personal, and will keep it that way. If I had a son, I wouldn't feel obligated to enforce a doctrine on him simply because 'the book said so'. I'd let him out to discover for himself, telling him about my opinions, and allow him to decide. If there really was a God, He'll be more than capable of handling my son. Am I shirking my responsibilities? I think not. It's all in the perspective. Just like how liberals would think different than conservatives, democrats and republicans.

In any case, I might just update the next few posts with my opinions on the recent swine flu incident, which I consider a facade, from my Facebook discussions.

Here is my Facebook profile: Audi Khalid
Posted by Audi Labels: