Friday, February 06, 2009 |  
Firstly, congrats to Brennan for getting a mention on The Straits Times paper yesterday. Now everybody knows you SMS to Plurk.

I've been using Twitter for a while now, and more recently, Plurk. They're great platforms for micro-blogging. If you haven't seen them, they're on the sidebar to the right of this page. Then I have to wonder how you could even miss that.

I tend to use them when I have a little quip to say that doesn't justify a new blog post. My preference is Plurk, for its rather colorful and friendly way of communicating. I like the prefix that you could choose from like, "Audi is, Audi has, Audi loves...". It helps when you're having a little writer's block. Oh, and it has a privacy function so you could bitch about things and only your Plurk friends could see it.

Otherwise... I'd use Twitter via its SMS service when I have a random quote or a brain fart while in the MRT and there's no Internet nearby.

What I don't really like, though, is the character limit. But that's fine... there's a saying, "Keep it simple, stupid.", or K.I.S.S. when you're writing. It's trimming the fat so people won't get lost in words.

I leave here now with two quips I wrote today but went over the character limit.
  • "If i were to die of lung cancer, it would be less the fault of smoking and more of me spending a good part of NS gulping air from truck exhausts." - Written while I was on duty.
  • "I think the best gift to receive is one that couldn't be preserved. Like a conversation... Or a serenade. Sweet memories are eternal. Or is this just an ideal?" - I thought of this after wishing Justin well on turning 22 today. I was questioning myself why I don't buy presents for people.
And now, excuse me while I head over to town. Have a great weekend!